Quantcast
Best Piano Vst? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Piano Vst?
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Best Piano Vst?

Whats the most realistic sounding piano vst?Cinesamples piano in blue sounds pretty good to me.Have cinebrass and think it sounds great.Anyone have any opinions before i invest?
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
all the top name ones are "realistic" sounding because they use samples of real pianos, it just depends which one has the closes sound to what you need for your music

i like addictive keys it has 2 pianos and a rhodes.
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
S y n t h o g y
i v o r y
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I suggest u do a forum search. This q has been beaten to death.

Cheers
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
im liking The Giant from NI right now.
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Pianoteq
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
+1 Pianoteq
Old 30th January 2013
BOP
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I like the stock that you get with Logic 9
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I like the 4Font stuff, it has been used on plenty commercial records eventho its not the best sounding vst out there but is pretty common.

I also bump up the Pianoteq
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Hey dude. It really all depends on what sounds best in the final mix/master...for example, I really dig the pianos in NI's Akoustik Piano (I'm still rocking Komplete FIVE LOL) however sometimes 4Front's TruePianos actually sound better depending on what I'm doing. I gotta say though, it's hard to go wrong with Piano in Blue, it sounds fantastic IMHO!!!!
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Use the search function.
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Ivory is the most realistic to my ears.

EDIT: and best sounding.
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck ➑️
Use the search function.
GOD's First Commandment: If someone on an internet forum asks a question that has EVER been asked before and discussed, this makes GOD angry. They deserve to be STONED to DEATH for not using the search function. God vehemently forbids any discussing, talking, thinking about, or fantasizing about any topic, subject, thought, or word, that has EVER, been discussed by ANYONE else. GOD will not allow any exchanging of ideas on any internet forum, ever, for any reason, because it is vile and wicked.
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
The best I know:

Imperfect Samples - Fazioli

EWQL Pianos

cheers!
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Looking at the pianoteq website, there are several levels and price points.

Any thoughts on whether the basic version is enough for most uses or are the higher versions really needed? Obviously, the purists are going to insist on recording an acoustical piano. So how far should one go with a MIDI product before it's time to bring in the acoustical piano?
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Man, here is the solution:

Imperfect Samples

Pianos Virtual Instrument

You cant go wrong with any of those.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by daexpert ➑️
GOD's First Commandment: If someone on an internet forum asks a question that has EVER been asked before and discussed, this makes GOD angry. They deserve to be STONED to DEATH for not using the search function. God vehemently forbids any discussing, talking, thinking about, or fantasizing about any topic, subject, thought, or word, that has EVER, been discussed by ANYONE else. GOD will not allow any exchanging of ideas on any internet forum, ever, for any reason, because it is vile and wicked.
If you are driving down the street looking for, say, a sandwich shop, but you can't be bothered to look to the left or right and see one right next to you but instead choose to pull over, knock on someone's door and ask them where one is, do you really find that a productive use of anyone's time?
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Imperfect Samples.

To my ears the most realistic sounding piano.
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Best Service Galaxy Vintage D is VERY good. Check it out - you'll be surprised.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha ➑️
Best Service Galaxy Vintage D is VERY good. Check it out - you'll be surprised.
Yes, this and the ones from Sampletekk.

Vintage D is extremely customizable. It can pretty much sound like whatever piano you want with some effort.

Sampletekk doesn't really offer this with most of their options, but they are simple and sound great with no tweaking at all. I love The Small One and White Grand.
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I'm pretty partial to the EastWest pianos. People seem to have issues with the Play engine, although they run fine and sound great to me.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkervin ➑️
I'm pretty partial to the EastWest pianos. People seem to have issues with the Play engine, although they run fine and sound great to me.
I think this has become a kind of myth now. I have Play and lot of EW libraries and I havent had any issue with Play since I work with this (starting 2010). I think some people had issues when it was being released and a lot of them was unhappy with the change (people dont like changes), but now it is very stable IMO.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck ➑️
If you are driving down the street looking for, say, a sandwich shop, but you can't be bothered to look to the left or right and see one right next to you but instead choose to pull over, knock on someone's door and ask them where one is, do you really find that a productive use of anyone's time?
GOD's 2nd Commandment: You should never ask someone where a sandwich shop is. It is a waste of their uber-valuable time, that they could be using for ultra important things like discussions on internet forums. Be very careful to not break GOD's holy 2nd commandment, because it will make him ANGRY. rrrr
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Really loving some of the stuff from UVI.
Old 1st February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
This kind of question never gets old, even if it was asked just a month before. Because God forbid if XXX Frickin' Amazin' Piano came out and I didn't hear about it, I would be pissed!

I want to know what people think is the best right now.
Old 1st February 2013
Here for the gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Ivory is still great, I enjoy it's sound much more than NI's stuff. Imperfect is very interesting, just haven't tried it myself yet.
Old 1st February 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
+1 pianoteq
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Let me alter the question a little: Imagine that your were given the choice of any piano VST- but you only got ONE patch and couldn't alter it. So you are choosing just on the sonic richness of that ONE sample, not to be mixed with other instruments but played solo- which would it be?
Old 2nd February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Best sampled one for me is Galaxies The Giant it's sampled from a massive stand up piano which uses the parts from the second largest grand in the world.

Pianoteq is the best synthesized piano.
Old 2nd February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
If I had the chance to choose one it would definitely be the Steinway from Imperfect Samples, that blows Ivory 1 and 2 clear out of the water.
πŸ“ Reply