Best Piano Vst? - Page 12 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Piano Vst?
Old 16th November 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky ➑️
Just curious, does Studio One play nicely with Vienna VEP5? For heavier VIs, I switch between running natively in Pro Tools or in a separate VEP5 server via AAX, which likewise removes a big load from the PT session. If the same holds true with S1 it may be another option for you.

Sky

i've looked into VEP Pro 6 - but i'm not ready to add another layer of stuff to my setup yet.

or get another PC.

love the network sharing concept though.
Old 6th December 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
ATM I'm enjoying ImpactSoundworks Pearl Grand, Wavesfactory Mercury Grand and Bechstein Grand Digital. Three quite different (Yamaha, Fazioli, Bechstein) but wonderful ones.
Old 6th December 2016
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I bought the Ravencroft during Black Friday week. A week before that, i bought the newly released CFX lite. Had i picked up the Ravenscroft earlier, i wouldn't have bothered going for the CFX lite in the first place.

The Ravenscroft is beautiful, stunning, inspiring, i can go on and on. The moment i played it i knew this was my go-to piano. The online demos really don't do it justice.

Regarding the CFX lite, i understand that's it's missing the "player" dummy head perspective which is only available in the full version + the ambient mics. But honestly, I'm not sure if upgrading for the full version will keep me away from the Ravenscroft.
Old 9th December 2016 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I'd stay with Ravenscroft. Very efficient for processor and the sound is great. I have CFX Full and Ivory (all versions), Keyscape and Galaxy Vintage-D (Grandeur on Kontakt). I still prefer Ravenscroft to all, although CFX for Classical is pretty sweet.

Keyscape is very processor/memory intensive, the Yamaha C7 is very, very nice though.

On another note, I asked Garritan if us original CFX Full owners (very large hard drive footprint) would be able to get the Lite version free so we can use this on our laptops that don't have giant hard drives.........

Answer: NO, buy Lite for $79. (No emoji needed)
Old 10th December 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikingdad ➑️
On another note, I asked Garritan if us original CFX Full owners (very large hard drive footprint) would be able to get the Lite version free so we can use this on our laptops that don't have giant hard drives.........

Answer: NO, buy Lite for $79. (No emoji needed)
And this is enough information for me not to buy any of their stuff
Old 10th December 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Garritan kind of lost me in the old Steinway deal. I purchased the standard version but was hoping to upgrade to the full version within a few months, but that product disappeared suddenly with no chance to update.
Old 11th December 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley ➑️
Garritan kind of lost me in the old Steinway deal. I purchased the standard version but was hoping to upgrade to the full version within a few months, but that product disappeared suddenly with no chance to update.
That would turn me off very quickly from any company.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer ➑️
im sorry if this is already covered as i haven't got the time to go trough every post yet

does any of you good folks know of any vst pianos that blends easy with vocals right out of the box ?
or are very easy to tweak only with a little eq needed

im thinking piano vocal driven songs just to be clear about what i mean

its not that i cant eq but it would be very cool to have one that blends easy right out of the box for practicing piano and vocals together

im very tempted by Ravenscroft 275 by VI labs, it sounds amazing on audio demos

i really like those mids

a shame we cant try before we buy any sampled vst pianos as audio demos don't reveal how good they are to play on

playability is just as important as the sound IMO
I have True Pianos. It doesn't kill your CPU and it sounds amazing. You can customize it to sound like any piano on earth!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer ➑️
ATM I'm enjoying ImpactSoundworks Pearl Grand, Wavesfactory Mercury Grand and Bechstein Grand Digital. Three quite different (Yamaha, Fazioli, Bechstein) but wonderful ones.
I have Bechstein 280 from Eastwest and it sounds great. I also have the Bosendofer 290 by EW also The Yam-C7 and Steinway D. EW did a great job on .
Im going to get Keyscape by Spectrasonics. I don't know what Eric Persing did but it sounds like no other and realistic like no other. After that I will be good on pianos. I jus need the dopest Harps now. Elysium harps sound good. I love the Roland 3080 Celtic Harps.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc ➑️
I have Bechstein 280 from Eastwest and it sounds great. I also have the Bosendofer 290 by EW also The Yam-C7 and Steinway D. EW did a great job on .
Im going to get Keyscape by Spectrasonics. I don't know what Eric Persing did but it sounds like no other and realistic like no other. After that I will be good on pianos. I jus need the dopest Harps now. Elysium harps sound good. I love the Roland 3080 Celtic Harps.
Which one do you like most or least in the EW Pianos bundle?
Keyscape is really nice, especially if you have Omnisphere.
As for harps, try the OrangeTreeSamples Angelic one.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i bought Pianoteq 5, very good for practicing vocal and recording vocal piano ideas with very little plugin processing needed as the piano doesnt mask the vocal with certain presets and the playability of Pianoteq5 is really great

i got the Bechstein Digital Grand too, wow this is a great singer songwriter piano
i really like it in recordings when the piano is the main instrument with the vocals,
i prefer it over pianoteq in that setting for recording as it sounds much better to me when its very naked like that for my taste

how ever in a big mix i think Pianoteq is great as it has so many options that i cant find in other pianos, and i do think a v6 will eventually be released that will sound even better , so i consider pianoteq as a very good investment , even the current V5

Bechstein Digital Grand is very tweakable too for a sampled piano so it could fit in bigger mixes as well , this turned out to be a really great one for me

i think im turning into a addict now and i have my eyes on 8Dio 1990 Studio Grand Piano (yamaha c7) and Wavvesfactory Mercury ,
if the Freddy Mercury Fazioli doesn't sound good with a vocal
i will be very disappointed and even a little shocked hehe

but it was one of the greatest rock Vocalists of all time afterall that used it though IMHO
so it might not necessary work that great on my vocal hehe

any experience with the 8Dio 1990 Studio Grand Piano and the
Wavesfactory Mercury good folks ?
they do seem very tweakable as well,

CPU is not an issue for me, im using a 6 core 4ghz clocked i7 5820k with Reaper
and i run my sampled instruments from SSD`s

Thanks
Old 11th December 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I just tested out keyscape. Kinda disappointed you cant get longer release and sustain. Makes it useless for my kind of music. Don't knew y they chose to have such short release n sustain
Old 12th December 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wavesfactory Mercury Grand gives you that singing piano sound Queen was famous for. Also, they added a famous EMT 140 reverb from the same studio. Really nice.
Didn't here that much good about the 8Dio 1990 Studio Grand though.
Old 12th December 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Which one do you like most or least in the EW Pianos bundle?
Keyscape is really nice, especially if you have Omnisphere.
As for harps, try the OrangeTreeSamples Angelic one.
Ummmm I really can't say which one i like most over any in the EW piano collection. They are all hot to freakin def! Each one has its own character and I use each one for different musical situations.
I will look up those harps thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Wavesfactory Mercury Grand gives you that singing piano sound Queen was famous for. Also, they added a famous EMT 140 reverb from the same studio. Really nice.
In the EW pianos and all their instruments I got EMT 140 reverb and 725 other reverbs. Plus they gave the free SSL Oxford England to just take the pianos to another level. You have to spend $600 dollars for that SSL for Protools.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
im thinking of replacing my yamaha p-105 two censor
with a casio Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II
for even better response in my software pianos

does any of you good folks in here know if 3 censor digital pianos work with today's software pianos, especially the kontakt ones ?

if not there's wasted money buying a 3 censor, but very sad if it don't work

its very hard to find anything about it on google that is useful
i found one post from 2010 in ni forum where NI didn't bother to respond about this topic
and i cant find anything about it in pianoteq5 manual either, i have contacted pianoteq support about this though but it could take much time getting an answer

i have to contact every dev i use about this if nobody know,
but i hope some of you do know
to save time and get an answer faster than the support from pianoteq and other devs

the best pianos would be even better with a 3 censor compared to a 2 censor digital piano
if 3 censor works with midi

Thanks for answers in advance
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Here's a demo I am doing on Youtube of the Bechstein Piano for EW. It's an amazing Piano, you hear all the nuances that you would hear in a real piano. All of EW pianos are great. I see myself completing my piano cipher. I got everything from hot drums, to percussion, to efx, guitars, bass, dope strings, etc all I need is hot Harps. I looked up those harps and I can't use them I don't have Kontakt. I might have to go the EW route and use their Harps. Eylesium harps are whewwwwwwwww! they are really sweet!

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

does any of you good folks in here know if 3 censor digital pianos work with today's software pianos, especially the kontakt ones ?

i found one post from 2010 in ni forum where NI didn't bother to respond about this topic
and i cant find anything about it in pianoteq5 manual either, i have contacted pianoteq support about this though but it could take much time getting an answer

to save time and get an answer faster than the support from pianoteq and other devs

the best pianos would be even better with a 3 censor compared to a 2 censor digital piano

If you don't get no answers, you might wanna move on. I know nothing of this, and I have my pianos. You might wanna look at some thing else.
You might wanna check out EW or True Pianos you can't go wrong, they have 6 different types of pianos so you can tailor to get close enough to the piano you want or use the presets.

Old 13th December 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

It is hard to really know how software pianos respond to this. I would have to sit with a model and compare how the internal engine plays vs any given software.

I personally think Pianoteq is one of the best when it comes to "sensitivity" and I use it with a Casio PX150.

I also think there are few improvements around 1000 USD vs 500-600 USD digital painos, specially in the action. You have to jump to models as the Kawai Es8 or the Mp11 to get much better key action.

Roland isn't offering something in between the action of the FP30 and the RD800 since the models in between use old versions of their key action.
Old 13th December 2016
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
There are SOOOO many options!
Old 26th December 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw241 ➑️
There are SOOOO many options!
This is exactly how I feel about Pianoteq. Besides sounding great and expressive, there are so many options for sound tweaking and great piano models. The Grotrian piano is amazing and I can easily switch to other model with no loading time and everything took a very small amount of HD space. When they update to the new version, we're still able to use the older piano models with improvements. So, it grows and not being forgotten like some other products.
Old 30th December 2016
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Has anyone hooped on the Chocolate Audio 88 Piano Bundle sale? Or have some love for this library? Very tempting...
Old 31st December 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by transverb ➑️
Has anyone hooped on the Chocolate Audio 88 Piano Bundle sale? Or have some love for this library? Very tempting...
i have i like it so far , i find they missed the high velocities , you know the range where when you hit the keys you get off your chair, but very clean, i dont push the air setting dont care for that , still experimenting

you wont be disappointed for the price
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Anybody here got Keyscape..? How are you liking the piano?
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:

3 sensors work as they should here's a link for some info

Features - Kawai VPC - A virtual piano controller from a real piano company.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger ➑️
3 sensors work as they should here's a link for some info

Features - Kawai VPC - A virtual piano controller from a real piano company.
Hi, I've only just seen this. I can confirm the Kawai VPC-1 triple sensor works with Ravenscroft 275 - in fact this combination is really something else. I've just been around a music shop today and checked out all the high end stand alone pianos and nothing came close in my opinion given the selection today. It's taken a while for me to totally fall for the Ravenscroft (and as I already posted I have edited the basic sound significantly for my taste) but it really is very far ahead of stuff like Alicia's keys IMHO. Triple sensor works beautifully.
Old 1st January 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

9 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Jezz ➑️
Hi, I've only just seen this. I can confirm the Kawai VPC-1 triple sensor works with Ravenscroft 275 - in fact this combination is really something else. I've just been around a music shop today and checked out all the high end stand alone pianos and nothing came close in my opinion given the selection today. It's taken a while for me to totally fall for the Ravenscroft (and as I already posted I have edited the basic sound significantly for my taste) but it really is very far ahead of stuff like Alicia's keys IMHO. Triple sensor works beautifully.
What tweaks did you make to the default sound of Ravenscroft 275 samples?
Old 1st January 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodebode ➑️
What tweaks did you make to the default sound of Ravenscroft 275 samples?
It's at the top of this page, but here's the relevant section:

"wasn't quite what I wanted at first, although the bottom end was very good. After I played with it for a while and very carefully balanced the different mics I bumped the timbre shift up one and the sound came together for me ..."

In hindsight, I love this piano even more now. At first I was underwhelmed. I think you sometimes expect a "wow!" moment which I didn't have ... I think I was naive - OK, I have pitch shifted the piano up one (+1 in the editor), which might not be what anyone else would like, but this is now a fabulous piano to my ears. It wasn't what it sounded like out of the box, but it was what it was designed to sound like when tweaked for preference, and in addition the modification of different positions made it come together for me (you will have to experiment - some people don't seem to think it matters for their ears). Other people found it perfect straight out of the box, and I can't fault their opinion, because after a long, long while of living with this piano, it has grown to be indispensable. It is now my go to and anything else would have to be very special indeed. I criticised it very mildly in the past (given big expectations), but as I said, now after editing, it is golden. This piano might sound perfect for you immediately as it has for many others but, if it doesn't, you can edit it and still find something very special. It is highly recommended even after my own slightly hesitant first play. As always YMMV IMHO etc - it's a great piano and I highly recommend it
Old 10th February 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I just got the Bluthner Model One, which is authorized by Bluthner and the U4 that is based on the Yamaha U3. Both now are my favorite pair, especially for composing. While Bluthner is bold sounding with a great low end, the U4 has that intimate Japanese piano feel. The two compliment the other collections nicely and I'm getting far and far away from the rompler world for piano.
Old 10th February 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalmsc ➑️
I just got the Bluthner Model One, which is authorized by Bluthner and the U4 that is based on the Yamaha U3. Both now are my favorite pair, especially for composing. While Bluthner is bold sounding with a great low end, the U4 has that intimate Japanese piano feel. The two compliment the other collections nicely and I'm getting far and far away from the rompler world for piano.
Who make those piano vsts if you don't mind me asking.
πŸ“ Reply