Quantcast
Help This MIDIot - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help This MIDIot
Old 29th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Help This MIDIot

I'm running Logic 9 on a Mac Pro with an Apogee Ensemble as my I/O. I have a couple of pieces I'd like to sync via MIDI, namely an old MPC2000XL and a DSI Prophet 08. What is the best device to purchase that will give me rock-solid MIDI sync? Keep in mind that I'd like to be able to add other hardware pieces to this setup in the future.

I've been using a M-Audio UNO to sync the Prophet, and there are latency issues; I always have to do quite a bit of nudging to get the track to sit right once I re-route the audio back to the Ensemble.

Any advice?
Old 29th January 2013
Deleted User
Im using a MOTU MTPAV USB here which isnt bad. There are not many choices with midi boxes these days. On thing I do here is turn my audio buffer as low as I can when recording midi which helps. Logic seems pretty tight with the MOTU here.
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Another MTPAV user here (I use two, and have not yet found a way to route MIDI between their respective sets of 8 channels each yet using Clockworks, but have a workaround by just doing all my MIDI routing using Max/MSP patches instead).

It's a bit overkill for you, but it's good to leave some room for expansion. An M-Audio 4x4 might not be a bad choice..
Old 29th January 2013
Deleted User
IF the M-Audio box hes using now has latency issues, how is another M-Audio box going to do? He said he wanted room to grow as well. MOTU makes a 5x5 as well
📝 Reply