Quantcast
SSL Nucleus .....yay or nay??? - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SSL Nucleus .....yay or nay???
Old 22nd July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Perfect thread to resurrect with a new question. I'm considering the Nucleus, but it's way out of my budget, because it was spent elsewhere. I'm trying to convince myself out of it, but cant.

My main reason is I just put together a computer with two MX4 cards (Alpha link IO). That runs on soundscape. My main MIDI DAW is Sonar.

No controller available is designed to run both well.

The Nucleus is designed for soundscape, and can be manually programmed for Sonar.

Right now I'm trying to get together a computer with Soundscape, Sonar...using both a V-700 and MCU+2 ext+C4

Lots of space taken up by controllers at a huge expense to monitoring sound quality.

To get it done I would have to take a leap of faith, ebay all my existing controllers to find a used Nucleus.

Trying to set up all that stuff has been daunting. My next step is to set up the C4 to be the channel strip for the MCU inside soundscape. It may be cool if I can set up all the aux, EQ, and Compressor settings on the C4 at one time per channel. Only have to set up the C4 once, and be done. it just follows the channels on the MCU that is MIDI to soundscape, where as the V-700 is MIDI to sonar. Would just have to set up buttons in the software's to change who is in control somehow.
Old 28th July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've got one Nucleus for sale (got 2 now because of a studio merge).
If anyone's interested please send me a message. Thanks!
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear...c-nucleus.html
Old 2nd August 2016 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melgueil ➡️
I have these two pieces. You cannot control anything in the UAD Control Panel - so no, not the Unison pres. However, if any of the UAD plugs are inserted into the DAW, you can control from there.

To monitor you must choose one of the, as an output from your driver (core audio or whatever). You could run analogue out of the Apollo into the Nucleus to vice versa. The press in the Nucleus are outstanding. The Apollo, Nucleus combo is awesome, gives me everything I need for a small composers's studio.

Cdlt
Thank you for the reply. Haven't been on here in awhile.. I was also wondering if the faders and sidewalls are metal or plastic. I never got an answer back from SSL, but maybe I didn't go through the right channels..
Old 4th December 2016 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hi guys.. im considering to buy an NUCLEUS (first model)
IF i buy used one on e bay, how can i get this ssl dunde native essential that is bundled with it, and how can i download all that i need (softwares, drivers) on the ssl official page there is only support for NUCLEUS 2
(Nucleus 1 is Discontinued) and on the page for NUCLEUS 2 it says that i need to register product if i want to recieve updates. what should i do if the first owner allready registered it? This is really messed up??
Any suggestions? Thanx in advance..
Old 30th July 2018
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I had the original nucleus and it was a great piece of gear sold it a while ago cause I upgraded to a duality
Now Im building a smaller room and been tempted but $$$ nay be toomuch for a dawcontroller
Old 30th July 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Nay
Old 20th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustinZubillaga ➡️
It depends on your needs. If you already own class A preamps, converters etc, then no, I don't recommend it. However...

As a nucleus owner I can tell you that it is a great piece of gear. I got rid of all my mediocre stuff and replaced them with just this one unit. I use all of its features; the preamps, the usb soundcard, the monitor section, and of course the MCU/HUI controller.

Great faders, great build quality (compared to Avid artist and Mackie) great pres, converters, analog section. Very pleased overall. I just can't go back to working with a mouse and keyboard. The fully customizable buttons for USB comands are a very useful, time-saving feature.

For me, an ITB producer/mixer, who records vocals and not much else in a small mixing suite, it's a perfect fit, for others, maybe not so much. as always, YMMV.
Hello, self-mixing engineer and DIY musician here, I own RME UFX mk1 and my main DAW is Cubase Pro 11. I was looking for a good quality DAW controller with MCU based protocol, and happened to grasp a lot of reviews about SSL Nucleus.Is mk2 better to go for than mk1...? I am thinking of selling my UFX and get a decent Nucleus mk1 as 'all-in-one' solution for recording vocals/guitars, mixing, basically everything. Do you think it is worth it to ditch UFX converter...? or maybe just get a high-end DAW controller like UF8, artist mix or MCU instead...? I would like to hear from you and your personal experience with Nucleus.. maybe? and if you sold it, could you please tell me why..? Cheers~!
Old 6th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Im selling one. Shipping from Croatia. If you are interested i’ll send pics/videos.
Old 8th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Hey tex! thanks for your offer! but I am still considering from many other and I may have to pass on your selling but thanks! A great gear!
📝 Reply