Problem with Novation SL MKII and Access Virus B - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Problem with Novation SL MKII and Access Virus B
Old 27th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Problem with Novation SL MKII and Access Virus B

Hey all,

Apologies for the dumb question; very new to MIDI. I am trying to use my brand new 49SL MKII to control an Access Virus B. I am using external power, and advanced mode. I have a midi cable going from MIDI Port 1 Out into the MIDI in on the Virus. The virus is set to MIDI channel 1, and the in the "Global" menu, under "Routing," I have it set to: USB1: M1 M2; MIDI To: U1 M1 M2; MCLK Out - U1 M1 M2; MCLK in: AUTO. Under the "Edit" menu, "Routing," I have KeybChan: 1. KeybPort: U1 M1 M2; ComnChan 1; ComnPort U1 M1 M2.

I know that it is not a problem with the Audio outs on the Virus, as it makes a sound when I press the Edit and Sync buttons together; I know that the Novation can send MIDI to Live 8 because I can control softsynths with it no problem. The problem is that the Novation somehow is not communicating with the Virus. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

j
Old 27th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Update: I am now running the SL MKII with DC power, all USB stuff is disabled; sending midi to M1 and M2 with the Novation and the Virus DeviceID set to OMNI and Midi Channel 1 - still nothing. Novation is not communicating with the Virus. Also, I have the Virus set to receive sysex. I feel like the solution is something obvious - any help would be amazing!
Old 27th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Mod, delete: It was a bad MIDI cable.
๐Ÿ“ Reply