Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Media sounding the death-knell for the Mac

I sure hope not.

- c
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Generations are now growing up using to smartphones and tablet devices. To them a laptop (or even worse a desktop) is an antique device. You already see an intensifying trend of BYOD (bring your own devide) growing in the work place where people use their tablet or smartphones to do their tasks. Of course there will be situations where professionals (in IT or video/audio/graphics) will need more powerful machines but those will not be the all-in-ones as we know them but rather modular based systems.
Old 26th January 2013
Eat
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
what difference does it make. there will be a (mac) computer available that will run audio and video applications. whether they look like a tower, a laptop, an ipad or the size of a sugar cube what does it matter. no doubt sooner than later, tablets will be as powerful as a cray. it'll still be awkward still having to plug your big monitor into the sugar cube sized cpu. perhaps it'll be small lightweight eyeglass style full immersion displays instead by then
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Obviously the smartphone/tablet thing has eaten into computer sales. But there are a lot of reasons why computer sales have declined. Throughout the 90s and 2000s, I pretty much upgraded my computer every 2 or 3 years. By the mid 2000s, computers became powerful enough for general users not to require any more power. I have a 2008 Mac Pro and 2008 MBP, and both are capable enough that I don't plan to upgrade until they break.

Even my mom is now on her 4th iMac, and it will probably be her last because it does everything she needs it to do.
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
They do this regularly since I first purchased my Mac128K in 1984....
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…