what DAW consolidate non-contiguous clips - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
what DAW consolidate non-contiguous clips
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
what DAW consolidate non-contiguous clips

what DAW will consolidate non-contiguous clips or regions ... ?

i am building sampler files for Kontakt but after cleaning up hundreds of files adding a fade here and there i notice that Pro Tools cannot Consolidate multiple
non-contiguous clips ...

anyone know a DAW that will ?

thank you

john
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Nuendo allows exports multiple regions offline, even with effects
Old 26th January 2013

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 ➑️

i am building sampler files for Kontakt but after cleaning up hundreds of files adding a fade here and there i notice that Pro Tools cannot Consolidate multiple
non-contiguous clips ...

thank you

john
Maybe it will if you use audio suite - use eg offline gain set to unity, and choose "create individual files"...that should work?
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Logic should do it..?
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:

non-contiguous clips ...

thank you

john
Maybe I'm not understanding you, but as far as I know PT consolidates non-contiguous clips fine. If this is "non-contiguous":

[clip 1] space [clip 2]

Then PT can make that into

[new clip 3 .............]

Select the range you want to consolidate and hit shift+option+3 (on a Mac, and not the numeric keypad).

Or did I misunderstand?
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
nuendo cool, i will ask a friend to test for me

monkey, i tried in audiosuite but no create individual clips type thing ... and any AS process will make one big clip (ie: DC offset)

Logic - you can do it from the bin it seems .. save region(s) as - thank you

mr. sync ... to be more clear for you

1) take say 20 clips (mine are big audience hand clap samples)
2) trim each clip and add a fade at head and tail
3) use object grabber tool and highlight all 20 clips
4) now try to consolidate each separate clip in a batch type mode ... i am not looking to create one big clip but consolidate each clip separately so i can keep them separate to bring into Kontakt and play each on a separate key

cheers and thank you

john
Old 28th January 2013

🎧 10 years
I think you may be incorrectly using the word "consolidate," which is confusing some ppl. That implies creating one large file out of smaller ones. It seems like what you mean is batch "export" your regions into new files.

In PT, you could:

1. Trim/fade your regions
2. Consolidate each region (Alt+Shift+3 on PC)
3. Highlight all the new regions (by default, this should also highlight them in the Regions list).
4. In the Regions list, right click any of the highlighted region names, and click "Export Regions As Files"

BTW ... I'm still on PT8 ... I believe the "regions" are now called "clips"
Old 28th January 2013

🎧 10 years
Quote:
nuendo cool, i will ask a friend to test for me

monkey, i tried in audiosuite but no create individual clips type thing ... and any AS process will make one big clip (ie: DC offset)

Logic - you can do it from the bin it seems .. save region(s) as - thank you

mr. sync ... to be more clear for you

1) take say 20 clips (mine are big audience hand clap samples)
2) trim each clip and add a fade at head and tail
3) use object grabber tool and highlight all 20 clips
4) now try to consolidate each separate clip in a batch type mode ... i am not looking to create one big clip but consolidate each clip separately so i can keep them separate to bring into Kontakt and play each on a separate key

cheers and thank you

john
Audio suite - you haven't changed the option on each AS plugin as I said to "create individual files". That's the difference. I'm fairly certain it works that way. Then just do a unity gain process. If I remember - ill try it tonight and screen grab it for you.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Try it in Studio One. Here's how easy it is...

Marquee select as many clips as you want (across as many tracks as you want) and just drag them directly to the file system in the browser. Done. Rendered individual BWF clips with fades, clip gain, clip inserts if any (and timestamps). It really doesn't get any easier than that.

If you want to do it directly on the timeline, there are a couple of really easy ways...

Option A: "Transform to Rendered Audio", the track. Done. All clips on the track get bounced individually in place.

Option B: A simple macro that will insert any null plugin (a gain tool with no gain, whatever) on all selected clips and then "Render Event FX", for all selected clips on any number of tracks, same result, but pre-fader. You can duplicate the layer(s) (playlists) in the same simple 3 step macro so you keep your original edits on all the same tracks.

I should probably mention that Reaper can similarly do all that in various different ways with one keystroke, "Render To New Take", in place, with it's clip envelope(s) and clip insert processing, fades and all that, and have both versions on the same track.

But if you're doing sound design, try Studio One. You just make a folder on your hard drive in the browser for your sample collections and drag the clips out to render new files (or consolidated tracks / clips if you make a range selection instead of a marquee selection) directly, in one step.
Old 28th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
agree it,i tried in audiosuite but no create individual clips type thing ... and any AS process will make one big clip,thanks
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
In Studio One I just highlight the regions and hit "merge events"
Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariomaximus ➑️
In Studio One I just highlight the regions and hit "merge events"
That doesn't make new files though, it only groups them into a container. To render you drag them out, transform or render Event FX.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence ➑️
That doesn't make new files though, it only groups them into a container. To render you drag them out, transform or render Event FX.
then I bounce, takes only a couple secs.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariomaximus ➑️
then I bounce, takes only a couple secs.
I think you're misunderstanding the OP's question. He wants to bounce multiple clips individually in place as they are in one go. If you select multiple merged audio parts in S1 like that and bounce them (Bounce Selection), it consolidates them (per track) into one big audio clip, which is not what he wants.

The methods to bounce multiple clips in place in S1 (without making them bigger, without making consolidations) are what I outlined above. You can't do it directly with "Bounce Selection", which (when more than one clip on a track is selected) makes a consolidation of the selected clips.

Thanks.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Why not a bounce? If you hit command-B or Control-B (I think. I'm a Mac guy) that should also do the trick. It will bounce the audio to a new track and mute the original. The same works in Logic. Transform to Audio, at least for me, is more of a Freeze like option, with added functionality and far more versatility than your normal freeze function.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse ➑️
Why not a bounce? If you hit command-B or Control-B (I think. I'm a Mac guy) that should also do the trick. It will bounce the audio to a new track and mute the original. The same works in Logic. Transform to Audio, at least for me, is more of a Freeze like option, with added functionality and far more versatility than your normal freeze function.
Again, read the thread. He doesn't want consolidations of multiple audio clips on a track, he only wants to bounce them in place with their fades and other clip edits. If you select 3 audio clips on one track in Studio One and hit CTRL+B it renders them into one big clip.

For audio clips (multiple selected audio clips on the same track) CTRL+B is consolidation. For midi clips, it bounces each clip to audio in place on a new track. I assume he was talking audio clips since (did you read the OP?) he talked about fades?

He's working with audio clips, not midi clips. Thanks.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Again, read the thread. He doesn't want consolidations of multiple audio clips on a track, he only wants to bounce them in place with their fades and other clip edits. If you select 3 audio clips on one track in Studio One and hit CTRL+B it renders them into one big clip.

For audio clips (multiple selected audio clips on the same track) CTRL+B is consolidation. For midi clips, it bounces each clip to audio in place on a new track. I assume he was talking audio clips since (did you read the OP?) he talked about fades?

He's working with audio clips, not midi clips.
I did read the thread and answered to MY UNDERSTANDING of the issue. <DELETED BY MODERATOR>
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse ➑️
I did read the thread and answered to MY UNDERSTANDING of the issue. You don't have to be a dick about it.
Sorry man, I was not trying to be a dick. It's just that the advice you were giving him won't actually work for what he wants so I assumed you didn't actually read what he was asking for.

Carry on. Bounce, consolidate, whatever.

Sorry for just answering your question "Why not bounce?". I didn't mean to piss you off, I was only trying to help the OP with accurate information. CTRL+B is consolidation of audio clips and he clearly already said (earilier in the thread) that he doesn't want that.

I said it nicely twice, and you pretty much ignored those comments...

Quote:
I think you're misunderstanding the OP's question. He wants to bounce multiple clips individually in place as they are in one go. If you select multiple merged audio parts in S1 like that and bounce them (Bounce Selection), it consolidates them (per track) into one big audio clip, which is not what he wants.
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
well, there goes another fine thread ... thank s for all your input fellow humans ...

MOnkey .. you are correct sir .. i had forgotten about the individual files drop down ..

thank you

john

can someone please close this thread for me .. i do not think i am allowed to do that ..

issue SOLVED
πŸ“ Reply