Quantcast
How many computers can you install Logic? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How many computers can you install Logic?
Old 26th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
How many computers can you install Logic?

I just got Logic Pro 9...I installed it on my mac but plan on getting another mac at some point.

Some people say only 2 downloads. Some people say it is unlimited as long as you have the computer registered with your Apple ID.

Unlimited seems a bit unbelievable to be considering it is Apple. Please help!

*if you are a mac expert maybe you can help...if I sell my old mac can I sell it with Logic? Or will Logic automatically delete because the user will not have a matching Apple ID?

Thanks!
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I know you can use it on two for sure. It won't automatically delete but you'll want to delete it before selling your computer.
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Any app purchased in the App Store will always be available for download so long as the computer is registered to the same iTunes account. The only "protection" apple has is that once you register a computer with iTunes, you can only register that computer to another account every 30 days.

Legally, you would have to read the license agreement. I doubt you could legally sell the computer with Logic installed.
Old 26th January 2013

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto;
Legally, you would have to read the license agreement. I doubt you could legally sell the computer with Logic installed.
Of course you can't - at least, not if you want to keep using it as well. Maybe there's a way to transfer app ownership...I don't know.
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I have my hard copy of Logic pro 9 on 4 computers.

Once i did something with Waveburner, burning a master on a MBP. The project i was working on was on my old mac mini that had a dodgy third party dvd burner. So i transferred the project on to the MBP
Waveburner said something like " Logic pro/waveburner registered on another computer."
I did managed to get around it.
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablatom ➡️
I have my hard copy of Logic pro 9 on 4 computers.

Once i did something with Waveburner, burning a master on a MBP. The project i was working on was on my old mac mini that had a dodgy third party dvd burner. So i transferred the project on to the MBP
Waveburner said something like " Logic pro/waveburner registered on another computer."
I did managed to get around it.
I think you can only have one instance running on a shared network. You get warning if you try to open a second instance. You just have to close one instance, or disconnect from the network.

Apple is actually pretty benign as far as it's implemented copy protection schemes. Enough to give them protection, but not enough to impede on the customer's experience. I just wish I could transfer my boxed editions of Aperture and Logic to the cloud. Those are the only two apps I still have to load from disk.
Old 26th January 2013

🎧 10 years
Actually - that runs to "legally you can only run one copy on one machine at a time" but without a network thats pretty hard to enforce!
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto ➡️
I think you can only have one instance running on a shared network. You get warning if you try to open a second instance. You just have to close one instance, or disconnect from the network.
That's true of the retail boxed version (with serial number), but not true of the app store version, which will run on any machine that's authorized on your account, and does not check the network (I checked this myself).
📝 Reply