Quantcast
Multimix12 firewire installation problems - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Multimix12 firewire installation problems
Old 26th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Multimix12 firewire installation problems

I'm running win7 64, having problems getting the computer to recognize my MultiMix12 firewire, I've tried everything I can think of from trying to install the older firmware for the MM12 on an XP sp3 system, to reinstalling windows on my win7 system and trying it all again. I've got all the drivers for everything from the alesis site. The win7 installation file/driver installs fine but when I connect my MM12 the computer does not see it, and the MM12 firewire panel says "no devices found". I'm at a loss, please help.
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Is your FW on a PCI/PCIe card or built into your MOBO? What is the chipset of your FW?
Old 27th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
it's an IEEE 1394 PCI card TI chipset
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Have you tried another device to make sure the port is working? If yes try this: Go into your BIOS and disable a peripheral your not using like the serial port, or internal sound (if your not using it), ethernet, display, or whatever your not using.

The point of this is sometimes devices share IRQs and wont work. By disabling a device you force the computer to rearrange its IRQs and it can make a device suddenly start working.

Its a long shot though. You should also try to contact Alesis.
๐Ÿ“ Reply