Quantcast
Anything New from Shadow Hills or Fearn? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anything New from Shadow Hills or Fearn?
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Anything New from Shadow Hills or Fearn?

Gearslutz at NAMM & In the Know:

I'm a huge fan of Peter Reardon & Shadow Hills Industries and I haven't seen any announcements of new products from the Shadow Hills folks. For those that are in the know or at the show, is there any new offerings from Shadow Hills at the 2013 NAMM show....I know they prototyped a 500 series EQ a while back and I'd love to see a Shadow Hills 500 series EQ....I'd preorder it now if it was available.

Also was wondering if DW Fearn will ever make any moves to make his tube wonder available in a 500 series format???? LaChapell seems to have found a recipe for success along those lines and I'd love to see a DW Fearn VT500 series preamp!

Have fun in the California Sunshine...it's snowing here in NC..a rarity for sure!

Best regards,
Ron
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I just with Shadow Hills would come out with a special offer that would let me buy their Compressor for under 1K. Ahhh...one could dream...
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by adogg4629 โžก๏ธ
I just with Shadow Hills would come out with a special offer that would let me buy their Compressor for under 1K. Ahhh...one could dream...
I've got a pair of their mono gama mic pres (500 series) and their Mono Optograph (500 series optical compressor)....to my ears, some of the best sounding pres in the 500 format and the compressor..well...nothing else gets the tone that one does...at least not to me.

Great stuff. If I had my choice, I'd rather a company only release high quality products and release them less frequently, but man....Shadow Hills 500 series EQ would be flying off the shelves....so call me a dreamer.

I also know that a DW Fearn 500 series preamp would be selling like hotcakes..don't know if the Gray Wizard can find a way to keep the sound of the VT1/2 when changing to the 500 series format, and maybe that's what's keeping this dream from reality, but if he can...man oh man, I'd have to have a pair!

Ron
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
I remember many moons ago Shadow Hills had a prototype 500 series EQ. It made an appearance at the 2006 aes but nothing ever seems to have come of it...

Here was a pic:

Regards,
Frank
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian โžก๏ธ
I remember many moons ago Shadow Hills had a prototype 500 series EQ. It made an appearance at the 2006 aes but nothing ever seems to have come of it...

Here was a pic:

Regards,
Frank

Yup....That's the product I'm hoping for....would be ideal in a single wide unit, but I wouldn't complain a bit if it were 2 wide. Thanks for the reminder shot...
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 10 years
there's an SH Oculus prototype at M1 distribution downstairs.
happiest NAMM news of the day for me.
followed closely by the return of Gittler guitars...
๐Ÿ“ Reply