Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Bitwig Studio

Any news??

Calling Booth 5304 Hall B, hello?!..
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Haha. Someone needs to bitchslap the Bitwig guys and steal their betas!
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
If anybody gets the chance to go to the Bitwig booth, can you confirm or deny delay compensation? Whether it be from using the beta or asking somebody there... That'd be super awesome of you.
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatrossy ➑️
...can you confirm or deny delay compensation?
Yeah, they should be paying us for having to wait so long!
Old 25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I want to see it work with PUSH.

Cheers
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack ➑️
I want to see it work with PUSH.

Cheers
Well, they have a pretty extensive javascript API. They essentially did everything that has been presented on the Push happen on Maschine. Well, the step sequencer at least. I can't remember the rest. I am confident that it can be recreated. Will it be as pretty? Probably not. :P
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by optikstrange ➑️
What the hell is that orange bitwig box? :O
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
yes please more news and vids...
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Expected Release Date of Bitwig Studio ?

Any feedback on this from Bitwig at NAMM ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatrossy ➑️
What the hell is that orange bitwig box? :O
An Angelbird SSD2go with a Bitwig logo on it, I think.
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➑️
Expected Release Date of Bitwig Studio ?
They say summer,which probably means fall.
Looks like way ahead of the competition though and hate to say:"Ableton Live killer".
We shall see...
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Would be great with the stability of linux, and Ubuntu is still growing, and getting better. Just gonna buy a desktop to replace my macbook this summer or later. Very nice affordable alternative. Now it's only waiting for good linux support for usb soundcards. I think there will be in the future. Latest time more big names are coming to Ubuntu (linux)
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
hmm, how is this different from live with m4l ?
price perhaps?
the dual screen suport ?
it looks cool though..
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Very exciting to hear about Bitwig! Everything in that last video looks very promising indeed. I wonder if somebody at NAMM could ask what the deal is with plugins on Linux. Will they use VST? What kind of implementation? WINE based or some custom solution?
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodidactic ➑️
Very exciting to hear about Bitwig! Everything in that last video looks very promising indeed. I wonder if somebody at NAMM could ask what the deal is with plugins on Linux. Will they use VST? What kind of implementation? WINE based or some custom solution?
It will most likely use VST and require some kind of bridge (err... more likely the case: they developed one). I am not that familiar with it, but you should check out ReNoise and how they implemented it there if you're interested in Linux support.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodidactic ➑️
WINE is capable of running some Windows DAW software now, including Live, and VSTs.

I find it unlikely that an independent commercial application such as Bitwig would see a release that leverages WINE for VST plugins. I would prognosticate an initial Bitwig Linux release without VST support, instead featuring LADSPA support.

Not that I would miss it much, I would record my hardware synths / effects and probably use the apparently very capable Bitwig synths / samplers. If it doesn't have rock-solid MIDI timing, though, I'm sticking with Reaper for recording.
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Maniac

I'm more interested in 2.0 for that collaboration. If they added ARA in 2.0 along with the cloud collaboration (Similar to Ohm Studio would be interesting) then it would be very tempting.

These guys certainly have the right attitude, they understand what people hate about current DAWs, hopefully they are able to release regularly and catch up with other DAWs, I really want to see them succeed.
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I would buy it if released over next month but I have a few unused daws laying around already.

Cheers
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Watch that Sonic State video in post #12.

VST is supported, they're beta testing atm, their instruments are modular constructions that they'll open to public use in 2.0(he shows it off in their dev version), multi-screen layouts and lots of neat stuff.

Lots of great information, though the Sonicstate lads aren't great at capturing their own voice this time .
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Enjoyed the Sonic State Bitwig video. Sounds like BW is dedicated to getting it right with a 1.0 release that will be worth the wait.
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I feel like they're making some very modern design and technology choices and I think this one is going to be worth the wait. I love Ableton but the competition is gonna be good for all of us!
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Even a tentative date and price would be good for those of us seriously considering making the switch
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yes to delay compensation. I asked them at NAMM.
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater ➑️
Thank you very much. Did you ask them anything else? Skeet the deets.
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I don't really have anything to share other than the delay compensation. As others have already noted, release date is a few months away. I got the distinct feeling from them that their main interest at this point is releasing it *when it's fully ready*. Meaning; yes, they want it out as soon as possible, but not unless it's solid. I think that's a smart move for them.
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater ➑️
Thank you for the info!
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
the only reason for me to upgrade to Live to v9 is their new push controller and a few new features...but it seems bitwig will be a really serious competitor with all the functions mising in Live....I'm in a dilemna.
Bitwig please...build a controller in the same style as push (dreaming )
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It would seem that they would need a controller experience like Push to remain competitive. Push seems like an extremely fun and versatile work surface for a program like LIVE. I also hope that Bitwig is considering such a product.
πŸ“ Reply