Quantcast
Problem with my monitors, help please - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Problem with my monitors, help please
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Problem with my monitors, help please

Okay first of all to start off with, sup everyone! I am using an M-Audio Fast Track Mkii audio interface and a Macbook Pro. Also keep in mind, I'm a newbie to all of this . So first of all, I bought a used pair of M-Audio AV 40 monitors from guitar center(the guy said they were in good condition). I plugged that in to my interface via RCA and then I turned the volume knob on my interface and on my monitor and when I tried to play back music I got nothing. No sound at all. I also checked in my system preferences to make sure that the audio output is coming from my interface and it is. Still no sound. The blue light was on and yet nothing. I then went back to Guitar Center thinking it was the speakers that are the problem to trade it in for a different pair of monitors, this time a pair of Alesis Elevate 3 studio monitors. I plugged it in via RCA, set the preferences, turned on my knobs,made sure blue light is on and everything and yet, NO SOUND. So wit me thinking it was the cable I went to RadioShack to buy another RCA cable but when I get home and plugged everything in, I STILL got no sound. As you can see, this is very frustrating for me. What is the problem here? Is it my audio interface? I updated the drivers for my interface.. and there's no drivers online for the Alesis monitors..So can someone with experience please help me out? Should I buy a new audio interface? If so, which do you recommend?(keep in mind if this is the case i can only afford something in the $100-$200 price range) Sorry if this is too long but yeah I hope someone can help me out. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
📝 Reply