Quantcast
Logic Pro 9 recording with tempo changes - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic Pro 9 recording with tempo changes
Old 24th January 2013
  #1
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Logic Pro 9 recording with tempo changes

Okay here's my problem. I apologize if this has been covered before. I just joined the forum and cant find this question. I have an entire song mapped out with Tempo changes in the metronome where they are supposed to be. The problem is if I click on the start of a region where i want to record Logic will count me in from the previous tempo. I'm not able to anticipate what the tempo is supposed to be because It doesn't count me in from the tempo I want it too. Any help? Thanks!
Old 24th January 2013
  #2
Gear Maniac
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhucik ➡️
Okay here's my problem. I apologize if this has been covered before. I just joined the forum and cant find this question. I have an entire song mapped out with Tempo changes in the metronome where they are supposed to be. The problem is if I click on the start of a region where i want to record Logic will count me in from the previous tempo. I'm not able to anticipate what the tempo is supposed to be because It doesn't count me in from the tempo I want it too. Any help? Thanks!
It would seem logical that Logic would use the tempo dictated where the play head is. If the recording pre-roll is 1 bar then you will get 1 bar of the previous tempo, if the play head is going into that.

2 alternatives.

1. a bit laborious, record all the bits you want in different tempos in different projects at the tempo you want them to be at.
Then import them back into the project you are talking about.

2. move the audio region 1 bar later in the tempo change so you get the same tempo pre-roll.

Or

just practice the change over and over till you get it as it is. As a drummer i enjoy such challenges
Old 24th January 2013
  #3
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
I am a drummer too. That's what I'm tracking right now. I becomes new of a problem when I have drastic tempos changes (155-68) it's such a drop. It's gonna be a problem when I go to track my guitarists too. They don't have a correct click count to get them into my drums. I'm gonna mess around with it a bit lore tonight. I can't believe it wouldn't be possible.
Thanks for the input!
Old 25th January 2013
  #4
Lives for gear
 
acmusic's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablatom ➡️
It would seem logical that Logic would use the tempo dictated where the play head is. If the recording pre-roll is 1 bar then you will get 1 bar of the previous tempo, if the play head is going into that.

2 alternatives.

1. a bit laborious, record all the bits you want in different tempos in different projects at the tempo you want them to be at.
Then import them back into the project you are talking about.

2. move the audio region 1 bar later in the tempo change so you get the same tempo pre-roll.

Or

just practice the change over and over till you get it as it is. As a drummer i enjoy such challenges
+1 for #1. Had a complex tune with varying tempos and time sigs. The only way for the artist to track with accuracy was each section tracked separately in one session, comps and fixes of each section in their own session, and finally compiling in one single 'master' session. It worked out great
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
  #5
Gear Maniac
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmusic ➡️
+1 for #1. Had a complex tune with varying tempos and time sigs. The only way for the artist to track with accuracy was each section tracked separately in one session, comps and fixes of each section in their own session, and finally compiling in one single 'master' session. It worked out great
Cool, i think back to the days of working on an Akai DPS16. Fantastic pre-amps,
but a dinosaur compared to what we have with modern Mac's and Logic pro.
Its so easy to get the results we want compared to even just 10 years ago.
Old 25th January 2013
  #6
Gear Addict
 
Silky Smoove's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
I've always just tracked the parts separately in the same session, but lefty self an extra measure of pre-roll to compensate for the click. When everything was tracked, I go into the tempo list and shift everything back 1 measure corresponding to the additional pre-roll measures. A bit of editing and comping, and the track usually sounds like the performers nailed the tempo change.
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silky Smoove ➡️
I've always just tracked the parts separately in the same session, but lefty self an extra measure of pre-roll to compensate for the click. When everything was tracked, I go into the tempo list and shift everything back 1 measure corresponding to the additional pre-roll measures. A bit of editing and comping, and the track usually sounds like the performers nailed the tempo change.
+1
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump