Quantcast
UAD Users advice - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UAD Users advice
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
UA Neve 33609 V/S UA Shadows Hill

Hi there!...i'm pretty sure you know that UA has offered to some of their apollo users a nice promotion...3 whatever plugin for $399...well i have 2 of those quite picked but my third one i'm on the doubt...it reduces to...Neve 33609 V/S Shadow hills...which one of these two would you choose for the third plugin??...thx...
Gonzalo From Chile

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003L usando Tapatalk
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Anyone??
Old 24th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I have both. Since the Shadow is fairly new I am still experimenting. The Neve gets plenty of use and is very nice. I would think it is more practical. However take your time deciding by using the demo feature and trying both. You don't need to use the promo immediately right?
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Could this change with the new LA2A Mk2/API EQ, or is that something you could fork the $150 upgrade for at a later date?

Think you have till 31st to pay for upgrade, then 45 days thereafter to actually select the ones you wish to have.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
mm...that plugins will be anounced on namm???...interesting!!!....i do love the Neve compressor but it uses a ton of DSP...like 30% on my Duo...Shadows hill only uses 1%...but the Neve has some cool mojo that i haven't heard on de SHMC...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003L usando Tapatalk
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah at NAMM. Already been announced and confirmed earlier today. Check the forums for info.
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria89 ➑️
Yeah at NAMM. Already been announced and confirmed earlier today. Check the forums for info.
Wow...that API Eq it's really tempting me!!!...Any other Neve 33609 V/S SHMC opinion??
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The 33609 definitely has the Neve-ish mojo, billowy warm sound vs. the Shadow Hills. They both sound great but the 33609 has got some real character. And driving the limiter section with the headroom switch on the upper setting for full harmonic distortion is very sweet. Drums especially :-)
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I have lots of UAD plugs (though not the SHMC) and I will say the 33609 is perhaps my favorite of all of them... definitely top 3
Old 25th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack ➑️
I have lots of UAD plugs (though not the SHMC) and I will say the 33609 is perhaps my favorite of all of them... definitely top 3
I Have tested all day long, both, Neve and SHMC, and i admit that the Neve has something much more cool...both can get to similar places...pushing them hard or being nice to them...and The Neve it just have some mojo under there quite Awesome!...it has more depth and 3d qualities than the SHMC!!...the DSP usage it's heavy Thou!
πŸ“ Reply