NAMM: EIOSIS Introduces the new AirEQ “Beyond Analog” - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: EIOSIS Introduces the new AirEQ “Beyond Analog”
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFalcon ➡️
Never bought any of Slates products but his reputation proceeds him and his company.
I know that if I see the Slate name that the product is not for me.
Uh oh?

Oh dear...
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Anyone want to buy the current version off me? I can't be arsed with dongles any more.
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Do you guyz know that this actually have nothing to do with slate ? this is Eiosis ....it's based in Grenoble , France !!!

And 100 % made in France

you will receive also some good wine and some cheese if you're lucky !!
Old 27th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Do you guyz know that this actually have nothing to do with slate ? this is Eiosis ....it's based in Grenoble , France !!!
Salut Jeezo, En bref, il y a du monde qui ne comprendrons jamais rien......Gros bonjour du Quebec.

Looking foward to hear more from Fabrice.

Jason Morin
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
non d'un tabernac !! qd meme ....lol

il caille on m'a dis !!

Bien le bonjour au Quebec !
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
and an other one:

EIOSIS AirEQ Product Demo at NAMM 2013 - YouTube

and also this one in French:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ilWOd9KBU

Jason Morin
Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Never bought any of Slates products but his reputation proceeds him and his company.
I agree 100%! Slate products are definitely not for you.
Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
.. not sure how you got to that conclusion but you are definitely missing out. There is absolutely no denying how brilliant all 3 of his plugins are. Trigger, VCC and VTM are all extremely good plugins. You are seriously missing out.. but each to their own.

Cheers!
bManic
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
french :

zero latency
light cpu
charater to controll the whole thing smoothly
Stength parameter : advanced dry / wet control !
air band

april ....

I remember what i liked is that , you do your eq and some time after other elements tweaking in the mix , you go back and say to yourself , mmm more or less of this , instead of jumping on the knobs and all , just play with one slider .....character or strength and voila , you open 4/5 eq of 4/5 sounds and tweak quikly to make them live together ...in a snap ...

Also i really think of those sliders for quik autimation specially on the hook entering to get that "in your face" entering !!

will do a video on it asap (i don't have the plugin like you guyz !! lol)
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Anyone know when this will be available?
Old 29th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 ➡️
Anyone know when this will be available?
Just a guess but I would say q4 2013.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove ➡️
Yeah I agree it'd be cool to have phase response graphed on an EQ as well as freq response... to my knowledge the only EQ that does this is ReaEQ from Reaper:

The EQ in Samplitude does this as well.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It will be interesting to see when it does actually come out, and what the update/upgrade deals will be. I call it semi-vapor until it's actually available. "Semi" because I guess he has some working code. If it were really close though, I'd think orders would be being taken. To my knowledge, they're not. Perhaps it (they?) will be out before Messe? Maybe there's enough Slate coin jingling, that this is more of a vanity "I'm back and look at what I've invented kind of thing." Sometimes those never actually materialize. Keep your eye out for the big DMG EQ, though.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sorry... but I'm not buying a plugin from a company that's been dead/offered no contact with customers for so long. The De-esser is cool, i own it, but i'd much rather see an update to that rather than a new plugin. I think an update to existing plugins would inspire a little more confidence that the plugins - and future ones - will be supported, and not forgotten about.
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Video

Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith ➡️
I think an update to existing plugins would inspire a little more confidence that the plugins - and future ones - will be supported, and not forgotten about.
This is the case , you guyz should receive a mail or annoucement soon ...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Sorry... but I'm not buying a plugin from a company that's been dead/offered no contact with customers for so long. The De-esser is cool, i own it, but i'd much rather see an update to that rather than a new plugin. I think an update to existing plugins would inspire a little more confidence that the plugins - and future ones - will be supported, and not forgotten about.
I'm with you. That's my situation basically with Tritone Digital on angeltone. I'm last in line, if there's even a line anymore. Here, with Eliosis, I'm first in line with aireq native. I probably won't be buying anything new from either company, if you'd call them companies, that is (the tritone guy seems okay, though).
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Did either of you guys (antithesist and beatsmith) actually read this thread or watch the videos?.

He shows the eq with completed GUI fully working processing a drum loop, that to me is a little more than 'some working code'.

And as for new plugin, AirEQ isn't new, it was the very first plugin he released, this IS an update, and from what I've heard will be a freely updated license to the new standard version for existing AirEQ users, with a small upgrade price to the premium version.

The only real downside is for all those that bought any of the existing plugs (AirEQ, De-Esser, ELS Vocoder) via the Syncrosoft/eLicenser dongle and don't use an iLok. Those customers WILL have to start using an iLok2 dongle as well if they want to use the newly updated versions. That part is indeed a shame.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Who said anything about 'some working code'?

I don't care about AirEQ because i don't own it. I'm saying, i'm not going to buy it or any other products, yet, because the company has not operated in a way which has given me any confidence that it'll still be around/provide decent support for years to come. Hopefully that'll change, but i am allowed to post my opinion on what i consider pretty crappy practice from a company.

I know the deal with Fabrice/Slate, i own Slate plugins, but that's not a good enough reason for me.

Cheers
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yes, I read the thread. I'm afraid I kind of glazed over in the video, though. I tried. Yes, that is a little more than working code, emphasis on "little." Is it a product? Who knows? Will it be supported? Who knows? I have no problem with ilok (1 or 2) or any other form of working copy protection here. So, that's not at all a shame for me.

Let's hear from Monsieur Paumier, end all this speculation, and see some action. The previous lack of support will still probably keep me away from any future Eliosis products. I hate to keep going back to DMG in this thread, but this is shaping up as nice cage match between a would-be Michelangelo and a real da Vinci, in my opinion.
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Absolutely agree with you
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by korgscrew ➡️

i did this in less then a minute.

Like ive said, bring out an great eq, with a controller and ill buy it.
ahahahahaha!!!
Deleted 9695bba
I'm a big fan of what Fabrice and Steve are trying to do and own VCC, VTM and SSD Platinum as well as loving AirEQ when I tried it on a friend's computer so noone can accuse me of being a Slate hater. I do see however how sometimes their enthusiasm and penchant for hyperbole can come across as irritating after a while.

Especially when each product released has some "game-changing" innovation that's never been seen before.

Maybe they're right, but we live in a world where we're so used to having stuff sold to us by promising us the earth but delivering very little that Slate's brand of marketing can irk some people.

I have to say, I even find myself on occasion saying to myself in my head.."Dude, just give it a rest for a minute, let the plugins speak for themselves" - but hey, he's the one with the company that's going from strength to strength and they are based out in California so who am I to question their marketing methods.

I guess it just isn't for everyone...shame for the people it puts off because when taken in isolation - their plugs are really, really good and I am definitely looking forward to the Eiosis AirEQ relaunch but gotta say, the price point is a bit on the high side considering what great competition is out there these days....

Wish the guys all the best in any case - just looking forward to trying the VBC!!! Release it already...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgscrew ➡️
I dont get this EQ. So many now. It's getting ridiculous!!

I've got loads in pro tools now. SSL, Waves, Air, T Racks etc etc.

I'm mostly using Alloy 2 now as its the one I get along with most.

Do we really need another EQ like this out there?!?

C'mon guys, bring out an eq with controller so I can shut my eyes and find the peaks without staring at a screen and sticking my tongue out through concentration.

There is a massive gap in the market for this. It's so much easier to mix a Q when you just sit back, close your eyes and move the pots around, taking away the distractions of a fancy GUI.

There will be nay Sayers, but deep down, you want this too.
Just get a cheap Behringer BCR2000 and you got your haptic controller for any plugin that can be automated...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Well his reputation is that he has a very flashy marketing stragtegy which may scare some people off, but also that all of his products deliver top quality and mostly define new standards shortly after release. It's off course your decision, but ignoring VCC or VTM just because you don't like the marketing hype will unnecessarily keep you from getting some of the greatest plugins currently on the market, imho.

EDIT: Not to forget FG-X which is also great...
Deleted e1b9f94
Quote:
Originally Posted by chk23 ➡️
Well his reputation is that he has a very flashy marketing stragtegy which may scare some people off, but also that all of his products deliver top quality and mostly define new standards shortly after release. It's off course your decision, but ignoring VCC or VTM just because you don't like the marketing hype will unnecessarily keep you from getting some of the greatest plugins currently on the market, imho.
I agree. Slate has one of worst and very annyoing marketing, i dislike their videos (supposedly funny?) but their products are top notch. Really. In fact they really don't need all that lameish (that's my imho) marketing because their VCC and VTM are really top quality plugins. Normal marleting would do it..No doubt about quality of their stuff. If you need something like that it would be stupid to not buy them.

Air EQ - i will demo it. I liked first version.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chk23 ➡️
Well, the Eraserhead look will only get you so far.

The thing that puts me off Slate products (and, until I know more, new Eiosis products) is the same thing I've complained about for the last 18 months - they still havent fixed bugs caused by the development framework:

VCC has two bugs I know of: the offline/online oversampling toggle is broken and the meters dont work reliably, especially at 96k.
VTM has a major showstopper "white screen" UI bug which brings affected host DAWs to their knees.

I hate complaining in public about this, but what else can be done? My VCC support ticket has been open since Oct 2011. They dont deliver on their promises and seem to hope the complainers will disappear, but I want these tools to work properly!

Sean
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod ➡️
I agree. Slate has one of worst and very annyoing marketing, i dislike their videos (supposedly funny?) but their products are top notch. Really. In fact they really don't need all that lameish (that's my imho) marketing because their VCC and VTM are really top quality plugins. Normal marleting would do it..No doubt about quality of their stuff. If you need something like that it would be stupid to not buy them.

Air EQ - i will demo it. I liked first version.
dodgy used car salesman marketing. The both of them.
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You guys talk like there is no other great plugins out there other than slate, that you must abide to their ****ty/crappy/abusive marketing because it's good stuff anyway.
📝 Reply