Quantcast
NAMM: EIOSIS Introduces the new AirEQ “Beyond Analog” - Page 10 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NAMM: EIOSIS Introduces the new AirEQ “Beyond Analog”
Old 17th June 2013
  #271
Lives for gear
 
CHAOS's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Will this be iLok?
Old 17th June 2013 | Show parent
  #272
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice Gabriel ➡️
The AirEQ beta will be ready soon !

Wow, BETA? It's already being advertised in Sound on Sound.
I'm done with this insane Gabriel/Slate hyping machine.
Old 18th June 2013
  #273
Lives for gear
 
dasoundjunkie's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
All of Slate related stuff WILL be ilok
Old 23rd June 2013 | Show parent
  #274
Lives for gear
 
scorpix74's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
no demo yet ...i tried it deeply this summer before this interview



i asked him also about Eiosis and what happened and what's next .... all i can say is that eiosis users gonna have fun
You did the interview? (good job, I think I've watched both, english and french haha).

Maybe two interesting features for an EQ;
spectrum meter behind the curve.
the possibility to removing the curve.

EDIT: It seems to be in the premium version haha.

@Fabrice: I'm sending you a PM .
Old 24th June 2013 | Show parent
  #275
Gear Addict
 
Fabrice Gabriel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpix74 ➡️
Maybe two interesting features for an EQ;
spectrum meter behind the curve.
the possibility to removing the curve.
We worked a lot on that indeed..
The workflow of the analyzer is awesome, and it really allows to connect your ears to what you see, which, usually, I really don't like !
Some people may remember how cautious I am when it comes to EQ curve display, because it usually don't deserve the purpose of a good equalization process.


Fabrice
Old 29th June 2013 | Show parent
  #276
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice Gabriel ➡️
We worked a lot on that indeed..
The workflow of the analyzer is awesome, and it really allows to connect your ears to what you see, which, usually, I really don't like !
Some people may remember how cautious I am when it comes to EQ curve display, because it usually don't deserve the purpose of a good equalization process.


Fabrice
Hey Fabrice!

Great job on the recent VBC release. I never got a chance to demo the "old" AirEQ so I'm really looking forward to this to compliment your other ingenius works of DSP art.
Old 1st July 2013 | Show parent
  #277
Gear Addict
 
Fabrice Gabriel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️
Hey Fabrice!

Great job on the recent VBC release. I never got a chance to demo the "old" AirEQ so I'm really looking forward to this to compliment your other ingenius works of DSP art.
Thanks !! AirEQ has been a very different challenge than the VBC, but I hope we are gonna have the same kind of feedback we have on the VBC !


We are working on the last details of workflow.


Fabrice
Old 1st July 2013 | Show parent
  #278
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice Gabriel ➡️
Thanks !! AirEQ has been a very different challenge than the VBC, but I hope we are gonna have the same kind of feedback we have on the VBC !


We are working on the last details of workflow.


Fabrice
You guys will!!!! Great job!!!!!
Can wait for AIREQ!!!!
Old 13th July 2013 | Show parent
  #279
Here for the gear
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Question

Fabrice,
I have sent a question to you via PM and look forward to the release.
Thank you...
Old 13th July 2013
  #280
Gear Addict
 
Fabrice Gabriel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Got the PM..

We are very close to the AirEQ beta now..
I'm really excited ! The last steps of tweaking and features are revealing even more of this equalizer's potential.. I'm thrilled and amazed by what we've done here with all the team!

More soon..


Fabrice
Old 14th July 2013
  #281
Lives for gear
 
kaboom75's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Has Steven Slate had any input into Air EQ?
Old 14th July 2013 | Show parent
  #282
Gear Addict
 
Fabrice Gabriel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom75 ➡️
Has Steven Slate had any input into Air EQ?
It's solely my own design, but he loves it !
And of course his input on marketing is of a great help.



Fabrice
Old 14th July 2013
  #283
Lives for gear
 
Zyzygis's Avatar
Fabrice, I really like the GUI but for one thing, what is the purpose of those curved lines? Do they indicate anything? If not then please get rid of them. They are a distraction from the clarity and utility of the design and lead the eye around for no reason.
Old 14th July 2013 | Show parent
  #284
Gear Addict
 
Fabrice Gabriel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis ➡️
Fabrice, I really like the GUI but for one thing, what is the purpose of those curved lines? Do they indicate anything? If not then please get rid of them. They are a distraction from the clarity and utility of the design and lead the eye around for no reason.
Interesting.. Wait until you try it though !
On my side, I don't really see them anymore, but the GUI feels a little empty without them.

When you use it, honestly this is not an issue, and I've found that they give some kind of support to the eye when looking at the GUI and "locating" the knobs.


Fabrice
Old 14th July 2013
  #285
Lives for gear
 
Empty Planet's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Looking forward to it!

I'm curious about how much was retained from the previous design (which I really liked) and how much is new, but I have a feeling that information has probably been thoroughly discussed already, and I'm simply going to have to go back through this thread to find it.

Pity me, friends. heh

It's a shame that forum-thread technology hasn't evolved as fast as audio coding technology.

Congrats on the progress, Fabrice.


Cheers.

Old 14th July 2013 | Show parent
  #286
Gear Addict
 
Fabrice Gabriel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Planet ➡️
Looking forward to it!

I'm curious about how much was retained from the previous design (which I really liked) and how much is new, but I have a feeling that information has probably been thoroughly discussed already, and I'm simply going to have to go back through this thread to find it.
Everything was redesigned from the ground up, the algorithms are even more transparent than the first version, and there is a lot of awesome features that has been added to make the workflow really great !

And of course the great analyzer, the Water and Fire curves, the Earth band...



Fabrice
Old 14th July 2013
  #287
Lives for gear
 
Zyzygis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice Gabriel ➡️
Interesting.. Wait until you try it though !
On my side, I don't really see them anymore, but the GUI feels a little empty without them.

When you use it, honestly this is not an issue, and I've found that they give some kind of support to the eye when looking at the GUI and "locating" the knobs.


Fabrice
Fabrice, don't fear the emptyness, embrace it.
Old 14th July 2013 | Show parent
  #288
Gear Addict
 
Fabrice Gabriel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis ➡️
Fabrice, don't fear the emptyness, embrace it.

Be sure to be part of the beta team and to write me thru the beta support system to complain about the lines if you still hate them after 2 weeks of AirEQ use !!

Deal ?


Fabrice
Old 14th July 2013
  #289
Lives for gear
 
Zyzygis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice Gabriel ➡️

Be sure to be part of the beta team and to write me thru the beta support system to complain about the lines if you still hate them after 2 weeks of AirEQ use !!

Deal ?


Fabrice
Haha! Deal.
Old 16th July 2013 | Show parent
  #290
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
lol ...the boss of Shadow hills is a good outsider in this area also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
no demo yet ...i tried it deeply this summer before this interview



i asked him also about Eiosis and what happened and what's next .... all i can say is that eiosis users gonna have fun
Fabrice Gabriel with a bit more muscle and he would be the Arnold Schwarzenegger of digital audio ... breaking barriers with his brain muscles and shooting lots of bullets to destroy bad algorithms.
Old 16th July 2013
  #291
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
lol .....
Old 16th July 2013
  #292
Lives for gear
 
shatz's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Love to try this out. I already own all the Slate stuff which is really great. Been needing a great eq. I own the Ik British Channel which isn't very good in my opinion. (The eq is just ok, the compressor is horrible to me) McDSP Channel G is good for tracking but don't use it much for mixing anymore. I currently use Waves H-eq mainly which I really do like, the RS56 is decent depending. Would like one more fabulous eq hopefully will beat out the waves one for me.
Old 17th July 2013 | Show parent
  #293
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by coquiboy ➡️
Fabrice Gabriel with a bit more muscle and he would be the Arnold Schwarzenegger of digital audio ... breaking barriers with his brain muscles and shooting lots of bullets to destroy bad algorithms.
Hahahaha!
Old 17th July 2013 | Show parent
  #294
Gear Addict
 
Fabrice Gabriel's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by coquiboy ➡️
Fabrice Gabriel with a bit more muscle and he would be the Arnold Schwarzenegger of digital audio ... breaking barriers with his brain muscles and shooting lots of bullets to destroy bad algorithms.
Good idea.. As soon as the AirEQ beta is out, I'm going back to the gym.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz ➡️
Love to try this out. I already own all the Slate stuff which is really great. Been needing a great eq. I own the Ik British Channel which isn't very good in my opinion. (The eq is just ok, the compressor is horrible to me) McDSP Channel G is good for tracking but don't use it much for mixing anymore. I currently use Waves H-eq mainly which I really do like, the RS56 is decent depending. Would like one more fabulous eq hopefully will beat out the waves one for me.
Hopefully AirEQ will fulfill all your EQ needs, that's what I had in mind during its design at least..

As sound engineers, you use those tools everyday, so for me it was very important to take care about every little detail, even if each one of those details takes a tremendous amount of time to get it exactly how I want, but hopefully this is the recipe for a good and successful product !
The sound, the GUI, the workflow, etc.. everything has to be perfect !


Also one thing that I particularly took care about is the musicality.. There is no point to get the things technically perfect if it's not musical at the end, because I believe that sound engineers are artists before being technicians. If you have to wade thru tons of technical aspects rather than getting straight to the sound you want, it's a sign that either way the method or/and the tool is not right.

I hope that AirEQ will allow mixing engineers to get the sound they want quicker and more intuitively !



Fabrice
Old 2nd August 2013 | Show parent
  #295
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Any news Fabrice ?


G
Old 4th August 2013 | Show parent
  #296
Lives for gear
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
beta testing

bonjour Fabrice,

I did beta testing of ssd4 and am very interested in a new take on sw eq. i mostly us UA plugs and have an apollo.

I use Protools. Please pm me if you are looking for beta testers.

Either way good luck !
Old 6th August 2013
  #297
Gear Nut
 
hachre's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Can't wait to get my hands on this

I also agree that the lines are distracting... I think it has to do with the fact that they aren't symmetrical while the rest of the UI is. It creates a visual conflict somehow...
Old 31st August 2013
  #298
ajs
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Tick tock.
Old 3rd September 2013 | Show parent
  #299
Lives for gear
 
pulsar modular's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Tickety, tickety, tock
Old 4th September 2013
  #300
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1115 views: 232841
Avatar for kuulart
kuulart 4 weeks ago
replies: 50 views: 33177
Avatar for Deleted d78e603
Deleted d78e603 9th July 2017
replies: 895 views: 128759
Avatar for PettyCash
PettyCash 8th April 2020
replies: 1 views: 410
Avatar for MADA
MADA 10th March 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump