Quantcast
Two of my waves licenses just disappeared after reinstalling my computer? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Two of my waves licenses just disappeared after reinstalling my computer?
Old 22nd January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Two of my waves licenses just disappeared after reinstalling my computer?

Hi guys!

So I reinstalled my computer and Im reinstalling all plugins again and Im having some trouble with my waves plugs (I kept them on my ilok)..

The installation went fine, but then when launching logic it couldnt see two of my plugs licenses..So I went in to the waves license center and they werent there, So I tried to recover them through the "recover"-device thing, but they dont even show up there..They are not even showing up as registered products..They just disappeared or something..Anybody else had this problem? gah :( I still have the receipts and registration licenses left etc so I have to contact waves, but they are so slow answering =/
Old 22nd January 2013

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
moved thread
Old 22nd January 2013
XI-MACHINES

🎧 10 years
The Waves license center is for v9, iLok licenses are for v8 and below.
If you installed v9 licenses on the system instead of on a USB stick, and completely reinstalled your OS by overwriting the hard drive, your license fies are lost. You will need to use the recover license function in the Waves License center.
If you installed Windows 7 and "backup up" your old installation, there will be a folder "old Windows" (or something like that) which contains all files. Your license should be in there in that case.

However, you can't use v8 and v9 on the same system at the same time so first give some info on your OS and Waves versions.
Old 22nd January 2013

🎧 10 years
Log into your waves account at waves.com - that'll have all the licenses registered to you...and also help your recover them if indeed that's what you need to do.

Or - maybe you don't have v9 at all, and you've got ilok licenses for v8? in which case, install from the v8 installer.
Old 22nd January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
Log into your waves account at waves.com - that'll have all the licenses registered to you...and also help your recover them if indeed that's what you need to do.

Or - maybe you don't have v9 at all, and you've got ilok licenses for v8? in which case, install from the v8 installer.
I have been into my waves account at their website and only 2 license are there, but I actually have 4 so 2 have gone missing somewhere..Thats the problem, therefore when I try to recover there is nothing to recover. This is because waves page say I dont have any other licenses for some reason
Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddman ➡️
I have been into my waves account at their website and only 2 license are there, but I actually have 4 so 2 have gone missing somewhere..Thats the problem, therefore when I try to recover there is nothing to recover. This is because waves page say I dont have any other licenses for some reason
Find your e-mail receipts and report it to waves..

The ones with the serial codes on.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAMD ➡️
Find your e-mail receipts and report it to waves..

The ones with the serial codes on.
Yes I will do so right now!

Do you for any chance know what is best, to have the licenses that you got on your "license cloud" or on the computer? Do I need to be connected to the internet to use my plugs if they are on the cloud?
Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddman ➡️
Yes I will do so right now!

Do you for any chance know what is best, to have the licenses that you got on your "license cloud" or on the computer? Do I need to be connected to the internet to use my plugs if they are on the cloud?
I made the mistake of putting it on my computer first time round, cloud... Always cloud. I think you can retrieve them a certain amount of times (If lost) through Waves License panel, after that it becomes a pain.

But it should be in your CP panel, so contact waves they were great with me and sorted it out.. Nothing to worry about
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Basically it looks like you have 2 older licenses which are licensed via iLok, and 2 newer licenses (v9) which were licensed via the WOL application. When you handle v9 licenses they can either be tied to the computer OR put onto a USB key, so you probably just activated on the PC and obviously a reinstall removed that activation. Presto...only the iLok plugins are still working.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…