Quantcast
Sampels on secondary hardrive? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sampels on secondary hardrive?
Old 20th January 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Sampels on secondary hardrive?

Hey. Have just replaced the standard hard drive in my Macbook Pro to a SSD 250GB hard drive. I also bought a hard drive of 750GB and put it where the disc reader usually sits. There, I was going to have all the samples. Now when I sit with a big pile of installation discs and just started installing Supererior Drummer and choose to do it on the secondary hard drive, I get this error message. "Could not copy eula.html file". Obviously I have to install the entire library where OSX is installed (250GB SSD). I could install all my Toontrack library but, I have included Ivory, Hauptwerk, Fable Sounds Broadway Big band and so on. This course will obviously not fit on the SSD drive and it would be very stupid.

Is it possible to install the software on the secondary hard drive?
Ivory Grand Pianos 2
Hauptwerk
Broadway Big Band
Miroslav Philharmonic Classic Edition

Toontrack products I have received replies that it does not work - Toontrack
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
They're saying that you can't install Toontrack products to a separate drive??
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
maybe you are trying to install the software itself on the second HD, which you cant do...there must be a way in the installation disk you have , where you can select to install the content of the sofware on the second HD....but the software itself has to be installed on your main HD
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Like the answer above - the main program needs to be on main drive, but the samples can go anywhere, as they're quite voluminous. As for your little eula-file dilemma, I also had it when I installed - solved by this:

"Solution:

On some computers, you might get an error message stating "Could not copy "SL-xxx/eula.html" from DVD. Try Again?" when installing Superior Drummer or a SDX.

There could be numerous reasons for this, but the most common is that the file path to the installation directory may be too long. It could in rare cases also happen when you install to the default installation directory as well, as shown in the picture below.

The solution would be to install to a location closer to the top of the hard drive, preferably a folder directly under your C:\ drive or Macintosh HD. After the installation is complete, you may move the installed files to anywhere you like, as long as you set the path in the Superior Settings to the new location."
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I have all my sample libraries on a secondary Glyph firewire drive, including the Toontrack EZDrummer files.
๐Ÿ“ Reply