Quantcast
Let's talk usb hubs... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Let's talk usb hubs...
Old 20th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Let's talk usb hubs...

So I've been experiencing serious problems with USB hubs... Does anyone know of any USB hubs that aren't a piece of junk???

1.) I purchased a 24 port usb hub and that worked great for about 6 months.

Amazon.com: 24-Port USB 2.0 HUB w/ AC Adapter: Computers & Accessories

It ended up frying 4 iloks, a mac keyboard and a kensington expert mouse.

While I can chalk that up to buying a gimmicky product, I've also been having problems with an iomega 7 port usb hub.

My nanokontrol stopped working recently, and I kind of pawned that off to the fact that's just a cheap product in general, and pretty much disposable at that price range. I purchased a new one recently, and a day later after being connected to the same cable to usb port on the hub, it's dead too.

So seriously, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know what you would recommend.

I recently found this, and unfortunately, this company had a chip in their manufacturing go discontinued, so they're not making it anymore.

20-port rackmount USB 2.0 hub

I currently have about a dozen items plugged in, and along with not losing anymore nanokontrols / iloks / keyboards etc. I'd also like for the USB hub to not choose to be ******** sometimes and not make me restart things so my M-Audio keyboards and controllers don't need to be unplugged and plugged back in.

Am I asking too much? Am I the only one who's having problems like this?

Thanks for letting me vent and for your suggestions.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…