Quantcast
New Native Instruments audio interfaces...? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Native Instruments audio interfaces...?
Old 19th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
New Native Instruments audio interfaces...?

What do you think are the changes that Native Instrument will replace its audio interface line (Komplete Audio 6, Traktor Audio 2,6,10 and Traktor S2, S4) in this spring or even NAMM...?

I mean they have almost nothing about bringing USB3 compability to these devices. So what do you think, is their solution to make completely new hardware versions of these devices or just update drivers to be USB3 compatible...? At least S4 is already pretty old isn't it? I smell a successor not too far away.

I am really considering NI Komplete Audio 6 but I don't want to buy it if it is obsolete after a few months.
Old 19th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Or actually do you think (those that know anatomics of audio interfaces), that it is even possible to repair problems of the current audio interface line with firmware (or driver) update...?

I suppose the biggest problem is that the audio interfaces utilize isochronous streaming property of USB 2.0 and this causes problems with USB 3. Does all USB2 audio interfaces do this or is NI an exception..?
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The KA6 is only about 2 1/2 years old, so I don't expect it to be replaced very soon.
Old 21st January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by golem ➡️
Or actually do you think (those that know anatomics of audio interfaces), that it is even possible to repair problems of the current audio interface line with firmware (or driver) update...?

I suppose the biggest problem is that the audio interfaces utilize isochronous streaming property of USB 2.0 and this causes problems with USB 3. Does all USB2 audio interfaces do this or is NI an exception..?
So are we saying my KA6 won't work if I plug it into a USB3 port?

What are these other problems with the current line? My KA6 seems fine so far, after a year or so of use.....
Old 21st January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_sax ➡️
So are we saying my KA6 won't work if I plug it into a USB3 port?
If you have Windows 7 and you plug it to USB3 port, yes, you will almost certainly get trouble, that is my impression. In Win8 it might work even in USB3 but I am not updating to Win8 because of an interface. About OS-X I don't know, there seems to be trouble too at least with some of them.

Quote:
What are these other problems with the current line? My KA6 seems fine so far, after a year or so of use.....
Check Native Instruments forum. There was reports of some strange noise/crackle coming slowly into the signal, confirmed by many different people, firmware updater not working, and other sort of problems too. One guy bought it, tried to get it to work for one month, I suppose he got even a replacement, in the end gave up and switched to interface of another vendor and got rid of trouble.

I am not sure what conditions cause this trouble as a lot of people seem to also recommend this interface so perhaps in some conditions it works OK.
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Oh weird - I must be lucky then. Still on Win7 here, but USB2 only.

Thanks for the headsup
Old 21st January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Sad to say, but much like in the past few years...NI will not be showcasing at NAMM.
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
The Rig Kontrol 3 hasn't been updated for more than 5 years. I'd love to see an updated version
📝 Reply