Quantcast
iZotope freezing on Pro Tools! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iZotope freezing on Pro Tools!
Old 19th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
iZotope freezing on Pro Tools!

Hey! I've been having some problems with iZotope plugins, since I installed Alloy 2, I went to load it and Pro Tools would freeze and give the spinning ball thing for ever, then I attempted to open iZotope Ozone, for accident I opened Ozone 4 demo, it worked, but 5 also freezes Pro Tools(It always worked), I really tried searching the internet but nothing helped, does anyone knows how to fix this bug?

Thanks!
Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Legit copy of OZone?
Old 14th January 2014
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I'm having the same issue. I installed the TRIAL of Ozone 5 Advanced (v 5.05b which is currently the latest) from the iZotope website. Seemed to install fine. When I inserted Ozone 5 on a stereo audio track in Pro Tools 9 it brought up a dialogue asking if I wanted to authorize or use the demo. I chose DEMO then got the spinning ball of death.

I use to have Ozone 4 installed. It ran fine but I have since uninstalled it. Is there anyway that the old preferences or something not being completely removed could cause Ozone 5 to freeze? I use the UNINSTALLER and have made sure there are no Ozone files on my Mac. I also have a few other iZotope products. Could these be conflicting? Ozone 4 was a pretty powerful program and I was excited to see the new features of 5. It's weird to me that 4 would run fine but 5 is having issues? Thanks.

I'm on a 2010 Macbook Pro running PT9.
Old 20th January 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm having the same problem with Nectar 2.2, I downloaded the demo from their website, open in PT 9 it asks to auth or run Demo, click Demo and spinning ball of death, have to force quit PT.

Running Snow Leopard 10.6.8

I tried on my Mac Book Pro, same issue. I dont think the new izotope plugs like PT 9.
📝 Reply