Quantcast
Ensemble vs Quartet sound quality - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ensemble vs Quartet sound quality
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Ensemble vs Quartet sound quality

Does the Quartet sound the same, better or worse than the Ensemble?
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

10 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
I own the ensemble and the word on the street is the new quartet sound slightly better, not like night and day. If you need the features of the ensemble than get it. If the quartet fits your needs get it. Fwi the quartet has a better spec when it comes to dynamic range for AD and DA.

cool thing about the quartet is you can buy a apogee duet 2 and can run them together for 6 mic pre's. The quartet also has a adat input for expansion.
Old 19th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribedescribe โžก๏ธ
I own the ensemble and the word on the street is the new quartet sound slightly better, not like night and day. If you need the features of the ensemble than get it. If the quartet fits your needs get it. Fwi the quartet has a better spec when it comes to dynamic range for AD and DA.

cool thing about the quartet is you can buy a apogee duet 2 and can run them together for 6 mic pre's. The quartet also has a adat input for expansion.
Thanks for that information. It sounds like the Quartet would be the way to go for me. I don't need a lot of hook-ups and I'll be surprised if I use more than one or two mics at a time. Would it be safe to assume the Quartet and the Duet 2 are using the same converters?
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
I wouldn't assume that at all.
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

10 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
According to a a post from a apogee rep the apogee duet2 and quartet share the same converter. They also share identical converter spec's on their website which confirm this.

That being said that if the duet 2 fits your needs now you could save a ton of money. As I have not personally compared the two, the analog stage and clock could be slightly different or the similar. They both have a better D/A converter than the ensemble. Although if apogee's history tells you anything they make you pay an arm and leg for extra features but hook you with their sound which is stellar with what ever product they put out. In-genius selling strategies!
Old 21st January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribedescribe โžก๏ธ
According to a a post from a apogee rep the apogee duet2 and quartet share the same converter. They also share identical converter spec's on their website which confirm this.

That being said that if the duet 2 fits your needs now you could save a ton of money. As I have not personally compared the two, the analog stage and clock could be slightly different or the similar. They both have a better D/A converter than the ensemble. Although if apogee's history tells you anything they make you pay an arm and leg for extra features but hook you with their sound which is stellar with what ever product they put out. In-genius selling strategies!
Thanks! That was very informative.
๐Ÿ“ Reply