Quantcast
NI Maschine & Battery 3 mapping issue - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NI Maschine & Battery 3 mapping issue
Old 18th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
NI Maschine & Battery 3 mapping issue

Im using Maschine and Battery 3 in conjunction to Ableton Live 8.3.4. All drivers should be up to date. I'm not entirely sure what the results of mapping should be, but I'm guessing that after mapping, I would be able to browse through the battery 3 kits on the maschine hardware and load them onto the 16 pads. I'm also hoping that there would be an instant mapping for the knobs and buttons since both products are NI.

I followed the directions in the controller editor documentation. It says to open battery 3, open “Battery 3 – Maschine Controller.kt3” (there's also one that says (large); no clue what that means) from the Controller Editor folder, and load battery 3 in the controller editor.

I did these things, but I haven't had much luck. I got the pads working in the standalone battery 3 (with no kits loaded) after turning on/off audio/MIDI settings on the software which I don't understand too well (i.e.: Maschine controller input/output, " " virtual input/output, Battery 3 virtual input/output), but I can't browse through the kits on the hardware. Furthermore, when I load in a kit, the pads stop working; only the first pad triggers the 1st sample in the kit. The other pads are not even lit.

Overall, I don't have a good understanding of MIDI. I tried reading this: Live | MIDI ControlThis was kind of confusing though. Any suggestions or leads you guys have would greatly be appreciated.
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I've had issues with Battery and using Maschine as a controller too, I've got no idea why but in my case too the pads don't work half the time.
Now I just use Battery as a plugin inside the Maschine host or vst, and use the pads in keyboard mode. Works well for me like this.
Old 19th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks for sharing. I tried doing that too with Maschine; however, when I load a kit from battery within the Maschine standalone, I get only one of the pads assigned to the first sample of the kit. The other pads don't light up.
Old 19th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Nevermind, it has to be in pad mode for the kits to load in entirely.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…