Quantcast
Help with Weird Logic Crashing - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help with Weird Logic Crashing
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Help with Weird Logic Crashing

I have a strange consistent crash in Logic at that same spot of a song. Literally, the exact same spot. Strangely, when I select all the files in the arrange window and hold-click, I see this green ghost like image of a wave audio file in the Global section right at the spot where it crashes. Not sure what to make of this and really want to just bounce this song. Of note, I am only using audio files and am using UAD plugs. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Any advice on repairing it?

Thank you.
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
This may take a few moments, but create a new session, and import all the files, settings, plugins, etc.
You should be able to do this fairly easily using the Import feature, which opens up another dialogue box, where you select the song in question. It will open up ALL the import-able options, and you can bring everything into a new session.

You'll be able to see if it works in this new session, which could mean the old file was corrupted somehow.

If it still crashes, you'll need to remove one plugin at a time, narrow down the possible offending plug.

Hope that helps. Keep us posted on what you find.
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thanks. I figure that would be the answer. I am sure it is some type of corruption as you said. Weird spooky ghost images in Logic.

What I actually did, as I just wanted to bounce the darn thing, was move all the Arrange parts past the spot where the crash occurs (67.75 on the SPL). I had to manually move the automation as well. It was an easy quick fix, I bounced the song, I'll worry about it at a later date if I need to return to it. The work was for myself and not a client so laziness prevailed.
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I've had a similar issue only sometimes Logic will crash immediately after opening certain projects. Usually what I do is go into the backup folder and open previous versions until I get to one that doesn't have the problem. Then I re-save it as "V2" or whatever.

I will remember the import method described above for an alternate next time.
Old 18th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphs ➡️
I've had a similar issue only sometimes Logic will crash immediately after opening certain projects. Usually what I do is go into the backup folder and open previous versions until I get to one that doesn't have the problem. Then I re-save it as "V2" or whatever.

I will remember the import method described above for an alternate next time.
is it me, or lately all logic threads have been about how inconsistent and ****ty it is
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by electraluxx ➡️
I have a strange consistent crash in Logic at that same spot of a song. Literally, the exact same spot. Strangely, when I select all the files in the arrange window and hold-click, I see this green ghost like image of a wave audio file in the Global section right at the spot where it crashes. Not sure what to make of this and really want to just bounce this song. Of note, I am only using audio files and am using UAD plugs. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Any advice on repairing it?

Thank you.
There is a fix that has helped me with some oddities with Logic pro.

Go to Mac HD/ Library/ Preferences

and trash the Logic .plist file.

It has cured some really weird stuff with automation and i think with crashes too.

Good luck
Old 21st January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicInHeart ➡️
is it me, or lately all logic threads have been about how inconsistent and ****ty it is
Perhaps, I haven't noticed too many. Despite having a few projects that have acted up, it's a pretty small sample out of dozens that operate flawlessly. And if I'm truthful, the ones that have crashed have been projects where the CPU is redlined from a million plugs...usually going back and bouncing a few tracks takes care of it, nbd.
Old 21st January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicInHeart ➡️
Most people only post when they're having a problem that they can't figure out. If it's working, then you're working and not scanning forums for problem-solving
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…