Quantcast
Avid NAMM rumours - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Avid NAMM rumours
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Avid NAMM rumours

I've heard rumours a big Avid new product announcement @ NAMM is January for 2 different people now.
I wonder.....
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by passmore ➡️
I've heard rumours a big Avid new product announcement @ NAMM is January for 2 different people now.
I wonder.....
Perfect, right after my Avid support plan expires
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
PT 11?

Still not interested...
Old 3rd December 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I'm still waiting for a remote for my omni...
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
even a minor euconupdate would be huge at this point
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It better be Pro Tools 64 bit, also if they want to guarantee I stay with Pro Tools id say bring the CPTK into the software and just raise Pro Tools to like $800 or $900.

A USB 3.0 interface would interest me but I doubt id buy it. Id still find it pretty sweet.

What I actually expect... Possibly an option that allows you to use Windows Metro view on a seperate screen to control your session, just an idea. If its new, it could be hardware related. To many options, its not predictable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'd say PT 11 64 bit. They're the only major daw still not there. Also maybe a "004" TB.
Old 3rd December 2012 | Show parent
RiF
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by projektk ➡️
What I actually expect... Possibly an option that allows you to use Windows Metro view on a seperate screen to control your session, just an idea.
I'd like to see multitouch-support. Kind of what Slate Raven does, but built into the software.
Old 3rd December 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy7 ➡️
Perfect, right after my Avid support plan expires
Knowing Avid, there's no way they were ever going to release PT11 within a year of PT10 because of this.
Old 3rd December 2012

🎧 15 years
Quote:
It better be Pro Tools 64 bit, also if they want to guarantee I stay with Pro Tools id say bring the CPTK into the software and just raise Pro Tools to like $800 or $900.
I'm sure they think of you when they make their decisions.

They're hardly going to raise the price further when 90% of people don't need the cptk features - can you imagine the moaning?

Likewise, they won't/can't go 64bit till pt11 and as many Tdm plugs as possible are aax - Tdm users have been guaranteed pt10 support and that won't work with a 64bit daw.
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
I'm sure they think of you when they make their decisions.

They're hardly going to raise the price further when 90% of people don't need the cptk features - can you imagine the moaning?

Likewise, they won't/can't go 64bit till pt11 and as many Tdm plugs as possible are aax - Tdm users have been guaranteed pt10 support and that won't work with a 64bit daw.
Im sure they don't to your first remark, dont be a jackass.

Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I wouldn't expect Pro Tools 11. I would however expect something...
Old 3rd December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I see the firewire mbox pro 3 is discontinued at every retailer I check. There is some sort of bundle showing.. but the box itself shows discontinued.

So, does this mean some sort of mbox pro 4? Not that I'm interested in one, but, it is something I noticed.
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle ➡️
I see the firewire mbox pro 3 is discontinued at every retailer I check. There is some sort of bundle showing.. but the box itself shows discontinued.

So, does this mean some sort of mbox pro 4? Not that I'm interested in one, but, it is something I noticed.
I think a new gen of mboxes with usb 3.0 is very possible. Also ots possible they release some new controller, more affordable and much smaller kinda like what Steinberg did for Cubase 7. I think users would be very happy if it was pro tools 10.5 64 bit with RTAS and AAX. A more compact c16 is possible but seriously new MBox and Pro Tools 64 bit are the higher possibilities.

Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If they do sell any low-end mboxen it will be a small part of their business, doubtfully a 'new big' announcement. Avid isn't making money selling smaller and more affordable gear. They jettisoned that orientation in favor of a deliberate corporate strategy to sell higher-end hardware, software and services/support. Not that it's helping them much.

Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroMike ➡️
I'm still waiting for a remote for my omni...
Don't hold your breath. It will not come. Nor does remote software control of the preamps on it.
Missed opportunity IMO.
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Don't be suprised if Digidesign is getting back in the "makers" hands in 2013... THAT would be truely great. Then Protools can go back where it's suppose to be.
Old 4th December 2012

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Im sure they don't to your first remark, dont be a jackass.

I'm not.
Old 4th December 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
At the Amsterdam IBC back in September, an Avid rep told me that for the end of october we would see a lot of mboxes on the used market, as I was asking him about future software or hardware developments... I get this kind of info because I work for the press, but the guy could have half-lied anyway, always gotta check facts.
Nothing came but I guess he wanted to hype me up about something. So yeah, what's coming is probably Pro Tools 11 or a new interface.
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It's not 11 yet. Could be something that fills in the gap left by the 003 but with better quality.

The one consistant rumor that's been circling around since the spring time is pro tools is going back to being a closed system on the native side. Back to it's hardware company roots when they were more successful financially.
Old 4th December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I disagree. Under Digidesign, they were slow to with embracing new technology and crippled the mid market offering LE. By the time they changed course, the Apples/ Steinbergs were dominating the personal studio market.

I applaud their complete shift and about-face to office what the market needs. But, again they are focusing in on the high-end Post market leaving the mid market to weigh their options.

I have to tell you, Yamaha (Steinberg) new console -controller-I/o (Nuage) looks promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMauce ➡️
Don't be suprised if Digidesign is getting back in the "makers" hands in 2013... THAT would be truely great. Then Protools can go back where it's suppose to be.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdpro ➡️
I disagree. Under Digidesign, they were slow to with embracing new technology and crippled the mid market offering LE. By the time they changed course, the Apples/ Steinbergs were dominating the personal studio market.

I applaud their complete shift and about-face to office what the market needs. But, again they are focusing in on the high-end Post market leaving the mid market to weigh their options.

I have to tell you, Yamaha (Steinberg) new console -controller-I/o (Nuage) looks promising.
I think under the Digi flag, at the time, they just were happy being the king of the mountain and blew it with the crippling of lower end products. Nuage? It's priced to the upper mid-high end post market. I don't know of many post studios in USA that use Nuendo and none who will chuck the compatibility of PT/Icon. Maybe in Europe it will work.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Good Points about Nuage. I've been a long time Nuendo and Pro Tools & Paris user, so the layout of the Nuage, looks really straight forward and easy. They really did a good job of bringing you the "exact' layout of the DAW to the controller. Ireally don;t think a Steinberg user has to open the manual.

Unlike the Avid controllers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by work2do ➡️
I think under the Digi flag, at the time, they just were happy being the king of the mountain and blew it with the crippling of lower end products. Nuage? It's priced to the upper mid-high end post market. I don't know of many post studios in USA that use Nuendo and none who will chuck the compatibility of PT/Icon. Maybe in Europe it will work.
Old 4th December 2012
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Copying the Apollo with HD|N inside (or minimal AAX-dsp) would be brilliant... but would hardly hit the mbox market.

Only 1 year too late for me :-)

Closing pro tools to 3rd party native would be a continuation of horrid decisions....
Old 4th December 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS ➡️
Don't hold your breath. It will not come. Nor does remote software control of the preamps on it.
Missed opportunity IMO.
Totally, it's tragic. I'd just like a remote with monitor controls and talk back functionality. I'd gladly cough up $400-600 for the remote alone, more if it was built into a reasonable control surface...
Old 5th December 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
So where is Pro Tools 11, the game changer for Pro Tools music producer?
Old 5th December 2012 | Show parent
GS Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR ➡️
So where is Pro Tools 11, the game changer for Pro Tools music producer?
Music? Avid is showing less and less interest in that side of the business all the time. The money is in post...

Wouldn't be surprised if PT11 launches at NAMM or Messe...
Old 5th December 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah post is the big market, and don't most radio and television stations use Nuendo?

The Apollo has undoubtedly won over many mid-level PT users. Too bad to see the audio industry giant not doing so well.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamwerks ➡️
Yeah post is the big market, and don't most radio and television stations use Nuendo?
Not in the USA. Nuendo is rare here.

Quote:
The Apollo has undoubtedly won over many mid-level PT users.
Not sure if that's accurate...yet. It may well be soon (with thunderbolt) the way things are going but UA Apollo just became viable to PC users a week ago.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Nuendo is not widely used in Scandinavian radio and as far as I know it in not particularly common in German and British radio.
Closed