4 Votes - 2.40%
Reaper
25 Votes - 14.97%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
What's your favorite DAW?

What's your favorite DAW and please explain why.
also you can add your pro's and cons..
Old 16th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
ok guys so my favorite DAW is Fl Studio because it's easy to use plug a Midi Controller add some VST to it and pretty much hit record and start playing some chords make the beat export and import vocals and mix them on FL Studio. i just love it its so easy to work with but i also love Nuendo for tracking
Old 16th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
no ableton live?

I like it because it blends flawlessly with my musical workflow. It just makes sense to me from a creative an compositional standpoint.
(using it to make IDM-Acoustic-Psychedelic-Glitchy style music)
I've given cubase, reaper, and reason honest attempts...but they just don't 'click' like live does.
Only thing lacking in live is a proper "mixer"....but it's negligible to me.

Probably wouldn't like Live for recording, tracking, mixing a full band though...
Old 16th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sorry. Need to be able to choose more than one.

It's like anything else. Some work for situations better than others.
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Pro Tools 9. Used Logic for years. Gave Studio One several months trial. Finally said "screw it" & got PT9. I seem to "get it". $$$-wish I wish I had done so with Logic but <shrug> oh well
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Pro tools

I work a lot faster with its audio editing. Smart tool, beat detective and tab to transient are so useful.

I also find it a lot easier for mixing and tracking. The level meters are configured to give me lots of headroom. In the other DAWs I use I'm always turning everything down all the time to stop it clipping.

Oh... I forgot audiosuite.
Old 17th October 2012

🎧 10 years
I like using sticky tape.
Old 17th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by serstickman ➑️
Pro Tools 9. Used Logic for years. Gave Studio One several months trial. Finally said "screw it" & got PT9. I seem to "get it". $$$-wish I wish I had done so with Logic but <shrug> oh well
Always the sign you found the DAW that's right for you...

KA
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Well, I can't take the poll because Digital Performer is my current favorite. I've struggled with it for a while, but DP8 just clicked for me.

I would choose PT except one thing. I do location recording and need to supply rough mixes and PT doesn't bounce in faster than real time. There's no way I'm going to tie up my computer for 3-4 hours just to bounce a rough. I was using Logic for a while, but the editing was always a struggle for me. DP seems to strike the right balance for me these days but as soon as PT starts doing faster than realtime bounces, the contest is over for me. Unless I get so used to DP editing that there won't be a reason to go back. I also give DP a nod because it does its own internal aggregation and is a lot more stable and less headache than Core Audio aggregation.
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Scream Tracker 3
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Logic for me, but I could probably say the same thing for any of the others if I had the same amount of time on them.
Old 17th October 2012
Deleted 0833250
Ditto, time/familiarity...would consider Cubase or Pro Tools, but not arsed re-learning a DAW.

Pros:
-Screensets
-Workflow: colours/channel strips/notes/import tracks etc.
-MIDI functionality
-Automation
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorgAddict ➑️
Always the sign you found the DAW that's right for you...

KA
I hope so. Getting too old to keep starting over. Then there is wife-rage over the cost lol.
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I'm literally speechless. This topic has been done to death. It never goes any where. What as complete waste of time. Its gotta be a joke or something.....
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Needs an option for Samplitude.

Reasons are that in my personal tests, it sounds better.. yeah yeah I know they null.

I have done the same mix in Reaper vs Samp and Samp always sounds more rock n roll. Highs are crisper. Bottom end tighter. Could be something to do with the propriety plugs that come with Samplitude.. but I just can't get the sound I want in other DAWs
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shponglefan ➑️
Scream Tracker 3
I used to use it with DX2 machine. :D
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Cubase. Note expression is such a fundamental MIDI feature that once you learn how to use it, you can't live without it. No other DAW has such capability. That alone IMHO puts Cubase above any other competing DAW. Of course it's not perfect, but if Steinberg could copy Sonar's modular interface and the ability to bounce audio without exporting in version 7, it may very much become near-perfect.
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
One vote for Nuendo...With Nek

Started with Atari 1040's, running midi seq software in sync
with an Akai 12 track digital recorder called the ADAM.

Cubase came next and I've been with Steinberg ever since.

I've used Protools, SAW, Reaper, Samplitude, Logic, Acid, Minnetonka's software for the DSP Factory, can't remember the name of that one right now. Many others, always come back to Steinberg.

Pros: Variaudio, Top notch audio editing, Excellent midi functions/editing, Routing.

Cons: Documentation of new features/functions not so good.
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

No Samplitude? I downloaded the "silver"Free version the other day,and I'm quite impressed with the sound I'm getting.

Notice I didn't say say Samplitude sounds "better",just that importing finished files from Sonar X2,into Samp,are somehow easy to make sound a teeny bit nicer.

Of course Samp/Silver is only x86,with a limit of 48KHz,but I just like what I'm hearing,and I'm exploring the possibilities,for mastering,although I know that's not what it's mean't for,just experimenting,as I like the fact,I make different decisions,with "it" being a totally different interface.
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Same answer as a couple of weeks ago to a same poll.

Majak Daw
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
FL Studio. Forever.
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

8 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by goddfodder ➑️
I'm literally speechless. This topic has been done to death. It never goes any where. What as complete waste of time. Its gotta be a joke or something.....
HA. I get ya. There are a few topics that have been overcooked. This is one. I use what I use. You use what you use. We're all happy.
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Logic. Switched from Windows and FL to Mac and Logic. Felt like an enlightenment.
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Addict
love and hate relation recently but my vote still goes to logic pro 9.
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Im surprised Cubase aint getting more love.
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Guess Logic's winning the race for now heh
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phas3d ➑️
Guess Logic's winning the race for now heh
So no need to get the new version!
Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
LOL. It's working ok apart from a few things that are overdue. Update is needed no doubt. But it's not a life and death issue. And that's certainly nothing that would make me want to sway to another DAW. As long as I can do my work it's fine for me.

Old 17th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If you like logic it means you haven't tired anything better
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Ableton Live - mainly because of the workflow of the session view, no other DAW quite replicates it. For a 'traditional' DAW, Logic Pro.
πŸ“ Reply