OS X 10.8.1 Compatible Midi Keyboards? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
OS X 10.8.1 Compatible Midi Keyboards?
Old 25th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
OS X 10.8.1 Compatible Midi Keyboards?

Hi,

I've just got my new MBPr but my M-Audio Keyrig 49 will not work with it? Spoke to M-Audio who say that this seems to be an issue they're aware of with OS X 10.8.1 and it's upto Apple to update software / drivers... Joy.

Just wondering if anyone has any info / experience regarding this issue?

Cheers

Old 25th September 2012
Deleted User
10.8.2 is out now, I dont know if that will fix your issue though
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
M-Audio is very slow with their driver updates. Don't expect an update very soon. I sold my old M-Audio interface so I could upgrade to Mountain Lion.
Old 27th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by teedoff087 ➑️
M-Audio is very slow with their driver updates. Don't expect an update very soon. I sold my old M-Audio interface so I could upgrade to Mountain Lion.
Thanks, any recommendations for OS X compatible keyboards?
Old 27th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Novation keyboards are great

---

Thomas Johansen
Welcome to Elastic Studios
Old 16th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit ➑️
10.8.2 is out now, I dont know if that will fix your issue though
Downloaded 10.8.2 and still no joy... does anyone know of a midi keyboard that definitely works with MBPr?
Old 16th October 2012
Gear Nut

I don't know what interface u got but u could always use the midi i/o of your interface and hook it up to your keyboard that should always do the trick
Old 16th October 2012
Gear Nut

I don't know what interface u got but u could always use the midi i/o of your interface and hook it up to your keyboard.. that should always do the trick
Old 16th October 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modye ➑️
I don't know what interface u got but u could always use the midi i/o of your interface and hook it up to your keyboard.. that should always do the trick
I'm afraid I don;t use an interface as I record direct to digital multitrack then download to Logic on the Macbook... Maybe I should record direct into the Macbook... is it easier / less hassle? I'm a bit old school
Old 17th October 2012
Gear Nut

i find it to be easier u got it straight where u want to.. But everybody has his own way of working...
Old 18th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
OMG!!! You record to a digital multitrack?!? Holy crap. Like a Roland VS2480? Adat? What?!?

Yeah, get an Apogee Duet and start a whole new life. Wow.

Anyway, my Akai MPK88 works great on 10.8.2 in Logic/PT. I think most Akai controllers use the same software so it should be fine.
Old 23rd October 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufuss Sewell ➑️
OMG!!! You record to a digital multitrack?!? Holy crap. Like a Roland VS2480? Adat? What?!?

Yeah, get an Apogee Duet and start a whole new life. Wow.

Anyway, my Akai MPK88 works great on 10.8.2 in Logic/PT. I think most Akai controllers use the same software so it should be fine.
Lol... it's a Zoom R16.. I record to that then download my tracks into Logic, I had a feeling that this may be a long-winded way of doing things! I also use an Alesis SR-18 drum machine and download into Logic from that.... I get the feeling I'm like one of those people who buy a mobile phone then write their mobile number on a piece of paper and stick it to the back of it !!

So I'm guessing I should sell all that gear and look into audio interfaces?

Also, does your Akai work with the retina MBP as it only has USB 3 (back-ward compatible) which I think are the issue?
Old 27th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Take the time to learn how to program drums in Logic. You'll be much happier. Although there will be a learning curve.

Yeah, I have a retina mbp and all of my old usb devices work fine.
Old 6th March 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Yes, but they are not exactly cheap either, but these keyboard are very quick to have the update drivers on the manufactures website when O.S update. They are .... drum roll :D

OSX 10.8.2+ Compatible Keyboards
1. Roland
2. Korg
Old 6th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My M-Audio O2, and keystation49 work fine, but they are USB compliant and don't require drivers.

Old 6th March 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Interesting. I am just about to buy a Axiom 49 Mark2 on Craig's List.

I certainly hope M-Audio updates the drivers. Anyone else having these issues?
Old 7th March 2013
MFW
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
My axiom pro 49 works great w my new iMac running 10.8.2. Just installed the latest hypercontrol driver and it maps just like in 10.7 w logic. Also works w pro tools 10. Even though its not an "official" mountain lion driver, I've found that a clean install of hypercontrol works great. Logic 9.1.8 btw.
πŸ“ Reply