Quantcast
Midi Chord/Key detection and display - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Midi Chord/Key detection and display
Old 25th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Midi Chord/Key detection and display

I'm looking for a program or vst to monitor my midi feed and detect what chords I'm playing.

Now I'm not sure if I'm describing this properly, and it's quite possible that I haven't found it because I'm not calling it the right thing.

The practical application would be for live performance, so that when I'm leading from keyboard, if I diverge from the written chord structures the program could detect what I'm playing and display it in chord form for my band to follow along. Obviously the ideal would be an iPad app (since I'm already sending my midi feed over network via rtpMIDI) but I'd happily settle for a standalone or vst.
Old 25th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hey,

Here's something I made for my keyboard.
Displaying music notes in real time with MIDI - YouTube
It reads MIDI output messages and displays them on a monitor.

I am working on making this more reliable. I also want to add features like supporting chords, display volume etc...
I ordered the different parts I need for this and will be working on it soon.
If you're interested, you can contact me privately.
Any suggestion regarding features you'd like to see are welcome!
Old 3rd March 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlenbresh ➡️
I'm looking for a program or vst to monitor my midi feed and detect what chords I'm playing.

Now I'm not sure if I'm describing this properly, and it's quite possible that I haven't found it because I'm not calling it the right thing.

The practical application would be for live performance, so that when I'm leading from keyboard, if I diverge from the written chord structures the program could detect what I'm playing and display it in chord form for my band to follow along. Obviously the ideal would be an iPad app (since I'm already sending my midi feed over network via rtpMIDI) but I'd happily settle for a standalone or vst.
Old 3rd March 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Liveaudiofx

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlenbresh ➡️

Hi,
I have just created an App specifically for this if you are interested!

IOS app called Midi Jam!

I have an update coming out this week and hopefully soon arpeggio chord recognition as well.

Midi Jam – Play like a pro!
Old 3rd March 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Sounds like a weird dictatorship.
So the rest of your band would be staring at iPads through the live show in case you deviated?
In the old days people used their ears when improvising, and no one deviated in a manner that would screw with the rest of the band.
Old 10th December 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hello I Introduce myself im macadam, i'm french
I want to know if it is possible to find a vst plug that recognize chords you play ... and output one single note..
For exemple i play Cm ----->> assign it to a single note wich is C-2

Where can i find it?
Thanks for answer
Old 10th December 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I Want to play chords with my left hand .. and i want the vst to recognieze the chords a play.. and outpout single note go and play samples assigned to notes for exemple
I Play C Chord on my keyboard and output single note play sample --->C-2 (lopp With Cmajor)
I Play Cm Chord on my keyboard and output single note play sample C-1 (loop with Cminor)

Major Chords will be on single note Form C-2 To B-2 And Minor Chords goes from C-1 To B-1
📝 Reply