Quantcast
Replacement for Bias Peak? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Replacement for Bias Peak?
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Replacement for Bias Peak?

now that Bias is over and done, I'm seeking recommendations/opinions on what might be the best replacement audio editor for Mac.
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No more Bias Peak

I'm currently trying DSP Quattro, and it's not all roses but it's at least as capable as Peak for mastering.
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I'm looking forward to seeing what Soundforge for Mac looks like.
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I dunno about it being a replacement for Peak. But I like the audio editing in reaper quite a bit.
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnevz ➑️
I dunno about it being a replacement for Peak. But I like the audio editing in reaper quite a bit.
reaper be a good combination with high functionality.
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Audiofile Engineering has a big Wave Editor 2 update (now called Triumph) coming next month.
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm not a Mac guy but have been mastering for years (until recently retiring) on Wavelab.

Wavelab includes many in-depth features not found in other programs such as Sequoia like error analysis tasks before you send out the master. Another function helpful, especialy with a client present is Smart Bypass. While there are many other ways to achieve this, Smart Bypass eliminates any volume changes between the original track and the processed track thus allowing you to only hear the sonic changes without having a bias because of volume.

I can't imagine many missing features with WL as it's a very comprehensive program. However, the one missing aspect of WL7 is no user manual. WL6 included a 600+ comprehensive manual.

WL7 introduced many changes (many of them workspace and GUI changes) and I feel the lack of a manual has tarnished its solid reputation. I blame this on Steinberg.

Another great aspect of WL is you can correspond with PG, the creator via the web forum and he always replies within a day or so. That is great technical support.
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Just a quick bump here... Now that some time has passed, what is everybody using for their 2-track sound editing?

I still can't find a program that does scrubbing the way that Peak did.

Thanks in advance,
Goobs
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Not as deep as Peak , but Twisted Wave & Wave Editor are pretty decent editors .

TwistedWave, an Audio Editor for Mac

Looks like Wave Editor has morphed into this...

Audiofile Engineering - Triumph
Old 12th February 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm not sure if this should be in this thread or not. I only discovered that Bias Peak was no more when I changed computers last week. Fortunately, Bias has their authorization servers back up and running after what I understand was a period where everybody's programs basically stopped working. I was able to deauthorize my old iMac and re-authorie the new iMac such that I was able to get all of the Bias software running again. I appreciate that I had better start in exploring a replacement, but I want to get this good news out since it seemed that many people were not aware of this.

Erik Hansen aka Lownote
Scotland
Old 13th February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Audition.
Old 13th February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lownote ➑️
I'm not sure if this should be in this thread or not. I only discovered that Bias Peak was no more when I changed computers last week. Fortunately, Bias has their authorization servers back up and running after what I understand was a period where everybody's programs basically stopped working. I was able to deauthorize my old iMac and re-authorie the new iMac such that I was able to get all of the Bias software running again. I appreciate that I had better start in exploring a replacement, but I want to get this good news out since it seemed that many people were not aware of this.

Erik Hansen aka Lownote
Scotland
I'll do one better, I was able to keep Bias on my iMac and authorize on my MacMini Server.

I'm just so damn use to Bias and I need to start looking at other editors myself.

But in the meantime, it's still Bias...
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…