The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to Rearrange Song structure in PTX edit window
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
How to Rearrange Song structure in PTX edit window

Hey everyone,

So i have a multiple track song midi drums rest real instrument and i want to restructure the song but use the elements i already have.

So i can copy and duplicate but i seem to overlay moved sections over old sections.

So is there a simple way to grab multiple tracks that are not a group and copy and past in non adjacent sections in the edit window ?

So now my song is intro , verse 1, verse2, chorus, verse 3, bridge and i want to say duplicate verse 3 and follow it with the chorus so new structure would be v1,v2,c1,v3,v4,c2, bridge ?

I am not a noob but can't seem to get this done and yes you are right maybe It would have been a good idea to record it the right way the first time ! Its all the lyricist's fault but that me too nowhere to hide

Thx, kcat
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
So I figured it out.

In the edit window I counted how many bars of space I needed (42), then I highlighted starting at bar 43 to the end, all the tracks using the shift key in each track, this lets you grab multiple tracks at the same time, then in edit window I used shift command and 42 bars later and it moved the block of tracks, then I highlighted the bars I wanted to duplicate 2-42 and repeated them and the repeat populates starting at bar 43.

I am playing to click so am using grid mode so all this moving around plays back perfectly.

kcat
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…