Quantcast
serial to USB adapter drivers - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
serial to USB adapter drivers
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
serial to USB adapter drivers

I've got a dark clear blue USB to serial adapter I bought years ago. It has no name, no markings. I'd like to use it, but I have no drivers for it, and I need Win7/64 bit drivers. Does anyone know anything about how to activate this under Win7? I might have the XP drivers around but I ma not even sure about that as there are a half-dozen of those little 3 inch CDs with unlabeled drivers for lots of little boxes, adapters, and converters. Win7 could not find drivers for it.
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
You probably need Win 7 drivers written by the manufacturer, so it'd be easier to get a new one from....like Keyspan (Tripp Lite) or Sabrent...something like this:
Newegg.com - SABRENT Model SBT-FTDI 6 ft. USB 2.0 to Serial (9-pin) DB-9 RS-232 Adapter Cable 6ft Cable (FTDI Chipset)
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masaaki โžก๏ธ
You probably need Win 7 drivers written by the manufacturer, so it'd be easier to get a new one ... (FTDI Chipset)[/url]
I agree, since apparently there is some new way of making them with some newer chipset that is recognized by Win7 and does not require drivers.

At the same time, I already own this and if there is a way to identify what I already have and chase down the current drivers it saves me about $25. So a couple of days of asking around before throwing out the $25 seems prudent.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…