Quantcast
Does ADC work? - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does ADC work?
Old 12th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Can you explain that a little more?

If you're not using HDX and you create a track to use as a side chain it will be assigned the system delay an will likely arrive at the key input late, so ADC should be off in many cases, but on in others.
Old 13th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
thats what im having problems here with the native version . i have all my templates set up as auxes which are auxed to auxes etc. sometimes it works sometimes it laaaaaags everything down. pretty damn poor daw.
Old 14th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel ➡️
thats what im having problems here with the native version . i have all my templates set up as auxes which are auxed to auxes etc. sometimes it works sometimes it laaaaaags everything down. pretty damn poor daw.
If I'm understanding your set up, the way you're routing will give you a good chance of hitting the maximum delay ADC is capable of.

When you send a track to what PT sees as a dead end, it will compensate as if it's an analog output and add the system delay. If you send an audio track to a dead end and aux from it, that's not a problem. If you send the output of that aux to a dead end and there are layers of delay from where its sends are sent, then it should add the system delay, which delays the auxes and increases the delay more, making essentially a feedback loop.

I think that you have to use the regular output from your aux returns or you will have a problem. I'd need to test it to be certain, but I'm pretty sure using the aux outs instead of sends will fix things.
📝 Reply