Quantcast
Waves V.9 - License center problems.... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves V.9 - License center problems....
Old 24th September 2012
  #1
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Waves V.9 - License center problems....

I just updated my old trusty Waves SSL 4000 Collection to the latest V.9.

How do I get my license moved from my iLok to the new Waves License Center??
Now PT says that my SSL plugs doesn't have licenses, when I open PT..(!!)

Please help me guys!

Thank you in advance.
Old 24th September 2012
  #2
Lives for gear
 
DAW PLUS's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Here is the how-to:
Update to Waves V9 | Wavesupport
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #3
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS ➑️
yes I read that. Problem is that step 8 doesn't happen to me...
Old 24th September 2012
  #4
Lives for gear
 
DAW PLUS's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
If step 1-7 are all as expected, but the license is not available in the Cloud in the License Center, contact Waves support. Since then something simply went wrong with the license, tipped on the wrong side of the event horizon...
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #5
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS ➑️
If step 1-7 are all as expected, but the license is not available in the Cloud in the License Center, contact Waves support. Since then something simply went wrong with the license, tipped on the wrong side of the event horizon...
ok, thanks for your replies. I'll write them.

I read that in order to move my licenses between studios I need a USB flash drive. So now I need BOTH my iLok AND my Steinberg dongle (Arturia) AND a THIRD key (just for Waves) ...?? Or am I misunderstanding something?
Old 24th September 2012
  #6
Manufacturer contact @ GS
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I had a similar problem with the change over but Waves got me going super fast after I contacted them.

One min they were there, the next day they were gone.

(I think it was was due to me disabling a network card on the system AFAIR)

Graham
Old 24th September 2012
  #7
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
but I really need ANOTHER dongle just to run Waves on several Macs?
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
DAW PLUS's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarman ➑️
ok, thanks for your replies. I'll write them.

I read that in order to move my licenses between studios I need a USB flash drive. So now I need BOTH my iLok AND my Steinberg dongle (Arturia) AND a THIRD key (just for Waves) ...?? Or am I misunderstanding something?
Yes, correct. Join the club. But feel lucky you don't have my job, since you would be moving 8 copy protection stick in all colors, shapes and tastes between multiple systems every day...serial numbers are a lot worse for us...
Old 24th September 2012
  #9
Manufacturer contact @ GS
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I believe we can upload the licenses back to the cloud and download them again to another PC.

Sounds like a right PITA to me but its an option I guess.

Graham
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarman ➑️
I read that in order to move my licenses between studios I need a USB flash drive. So now I need BOTH my iLok AND my Steinberg dongle (Arturia) AND a THIRD key (just for Waves) ...?? Or am I misunderstanding something?
If you still need the iLok for other software, then you still need the iLok. Waves doesn't need it anymore.

In terms of what solution you pick for your personal setup, you now have a few options, one .. but not the only one.. of which would be to keep Waves on a USB stick. I chose to put mine on a stick for portability, but you've other options if you don't want another dongle to carry.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #11
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➑️
If you still need the iLok for other software, then you still need the iLok. Waves doesn't need it anymore.

In terms of what solution you pick for your personal setup, you now have a few options, one .. but not the only one.. of which would be to keep Waves on a USB stick. I chose to put mine on a stick for portability, but you've other options if you don't want another dongle to carry.
I don't feel like a really have a choice here. I need my waves plugs because it's been used in all of my sessions for the last 8 years or so.

Can I use any old usb stick for my Waves licenses? I have an old 512mb Verbatim usb stick right here...
Old 24th September 2012
  #12
Lives for gear
 
DAW PLUS's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Yes. Just make sure it doesn't die too soon, do not use sticks which look like they will fall apart or which have had writing/reading issues in the past.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
  #13
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS ➑️
Yes. Just make sure it doesn't die too soon, do not use sticks which look like they will fall apart or which have had writing/reading issues in the past.
alright, great.
Can I change the usb stick to another one at a later point?
Old 24th September 2012
  #14
Lives for gear
 
valis's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Yes migrating your licenses is bang easy using WOL (license center). You just select a license, move it back to the cloud, then onto whatever new device you want. I specifically use a 32GB USB stick that is rumored (reviews etc) to have slightly better nand flash and enough internal capacity to have spare 'scratch' space (40GB I think, so 8GB scratch nand to spare?) and even still I rarely write to that key.
Old 25th September 2012
  #15
Lives for gear
 
DAW PLUS's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
If you use a 32 GB stick just for your Waves licenses there is enough space left to turn it into a hardware plate reverb... heh
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 66 views: 33350
Avatar for mdf25
mdf25 28th June 2010
replies: 18 views: 2828
Avatar for jothenis
jothenis 3rd March 2017
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump