Quantcast
Buying Pro Tools 10 Used. I Need Help With 2 Questions... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Buying Pro Tools 10 Used. I Need Help With 2 Questions...
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Buying Pro Tools 10 Used. I Need Help With 2 Questions...

I currently have pro tools HD9. Its buggy and it sucks. What am I losing by switching to pro tools 10 if anything?

My next question is i found pro tools 10 for a great deal with an interface. The guy said he will transfer license to my ilok right away. Here is what is confusing.

He said he purchased PT10 as a upgrade from 9 but he didnt have 9 he had PT8, so he bough PT9 full version used, and surrendered it for PT10 upgrade license, and now has that in his ilok.

Does this mean its the FULL version of PT10? If i am correct than the only difference is that the upgrade version of PT10 just requires a surrender of PT9 in order to get the full version of PT10, once that happens its the same as buy the full version out the door right?

Sorry for all the questions just making sure.
Old 28th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
It sounds like what he has is Pro Tools 10. Just make sure it's not the educational one.

You should be able to sell your version of 9 afterwards.
Old 28th September 2012

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faymus Media ➡️
I currently have pro tools HD9. Its buggy and it sucks. What am I losing by switching to pro tools 10 if anything?

My next question is i found pro tools 10 for a great deal with an interface. The guy said he will transfer license to my ilok right away. Here is what is confusing.

He said he purchased PT10 as a upgrade from 9 but he didnt have 9 he had PT8, so he bough PT9 full version used, and surrendered it for PT10 upgrade license, and now has that in his ilok.

Does this mean its the FULL version of PT10? If i am correct than the only difference is that the upgrade version of PT10 just requires a surrender of PT9 in order to get the full version of PT10, once that happens its the same as buy the full version out the door right?

Sorry for all the questions just making sure.
Just to clarify - you have 9HD? ie you're running the 9HD license, but you don't have HD hardware?

If so, it does sound like he has the full version. HOWEVER - he doesn't have 10HD. So by going with this software, you'll lose some features - track count, VCA faders, timecode options and so on.

The only way to retain these is to buy a PT9-10 upgrade - which is expensive. The downside to buying this software independently.
📝 Reply