Quantcast
How much cpu does leaving a bypassed plugin use in Logic? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How much cpu does leaving a bypassed plugin use in Logic?
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
How much cpu does leaving a bypassed plugin use in Logic?

If i bypass a plugin in logic (disable it), how much cpu is it using? I tend to put a bunch of plugins on a aux channel and the turn them on/off till find one i like. Should I remove the bypassed plugin if im not using it? Just trying to save some cpu, thanks
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
FL actually has an option to turn off unused effects to save CPU, so I'm assuming if you haven't engaged a similar function, they will be using some CPU. I actually don't use Logic though, so maybe someone else can answer more precisely.
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
they need some.. not much thou but they occupy memory and make the internal scanning of the track status more task intense.... shouldnt matter on fast computers but even than a corruption of the involved plug might slow down project loading seriously..especially 3 years later with not updated no name plugs.
So i would suggest at one point to clean the project file from unecessary plug in assignments.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
do an experiment.

fill up 10 channels with bypassed plugs and look at the cpu meter.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…