Quantcast
Collaborating Via A Cloud - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Collaborating Via A Cloud
Old 24th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Collaborating Via A Cloud

If it helps to answer my question, I/we are using Presonus Studio One......

I want to share my tracks (a song, I guess) on a cloud so that someone I am collaborating with can download them onto their computer so that they can use their Studio One to add tracks to my song.

I tried this, but the recipient told me that what I uploaded to the cloud was "missing supporting files".

I uploaded the file from my computers Studio One folder that was named the name of my song. So what am I missing?

Thank You!!!!
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 5 years
If the project is a folder, you need to zip up the folder and send that. Or you can use something like Dropbox.
Old 24th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
We are using SkyDrive (like Box).

The song is in a folder that is named the same as the song. Inside that folder is another file that has same name. That is the file I uploaded.

Since posting this question I opened another folder within the song folder (there is another folder within the song folder named "media"). That folder contains several files that are named the same as my several drum tracks. It occurred to me that those are the missing "supporting" files. So I selected them to upload and it appears that it is going to take hours. Since this is only 7 tracks of drums on a 4min song....... I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help!
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Is this audio or MIDI? If they are audio files, that would explain the long upload time. The size of the files also depends on your sample rate and bit depth. Anyway, it doesn't matter. The song file is useless without the corresponding project data. You might get good results using WeTransfer. It might be slower with SkyDrive since it probably uploads in the background.
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Ensure that all assets are included and that everyone is working with the correct sample rate.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…