Quantcast
Buy komplete 8 now or wait untill 1-st Octobe - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Buy komplete 8 now or wait untill 1-st Octobe
Old 23rd September 2012
  #1
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Buy komplete 8 now or wait untill 1-st Octobe

I want to buy Komplete 8 right now but with the ongoing promotion and the release of new machine on 1-st October , it looks like there will be a better deal than the 3 extra products that you get for free now ( Razor.SS.Mouth) .

Maybe on 1st October there will released Komplete 9? Or maybe they will do some good deal like was with the machine cross-grade last month ?

Just don't want miss the current deal if nothing new come next month =/

Buy now or wait ?
Old 23rd September 2012
  #2
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
I am a Komplete 5 owner, and I was going to update to Komplete 8 Ultimate, but the upgrade for 2-6 owners was only 33% off, not the 50% off that Komplete 7 owners get. So I decided that since NI have said that there will be a new Battery, which I use a lot, it behooved me to wait for Komplete 9 and (hopefully) get Battery 4 for only 33% more money that I would spend if I were to buy today.

In your case, however, you may save 50%, which is substantial. The best strategy is to always buy or upgrade during the discount period, and thus save a lot of dough while only being 8 months behind. If NI offered Komplete 2-6 owners 50% off I would be doing this.
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetplane666666 ➡️
I am a Komplete 5 owner, and I was going to update to Komplete 8 Ultimate, but the upgrade for 2-6 owners was only 33% off, not the 50% off that Komplete 7 owners get. So I decided that since NI have said that there will be a new Battery, which I use a lot, it behooved me to wait for Komplete 9 and (hopefully) get Battery 4 for only 33% more money that I would spend if I were to buy today.

In your case, however, you may save 50%, which is substantial. The best strategy is to always buy or upgrade during the discount period, and thus save a lot of dough while only being 8 months behind. If NI offered Komplete 2-6 owners 50% off I would be doing this.
Is there a current promotion for 50% off for 7 owners? I checked last week and there was not. I thought it ended in the summer and they added some free instruments.
Old 24th September 2012
  #4
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Is the current offer ( 3 free products ) is good enough or its better wait little bit more for something better?
Old 24th September 2012
  #5
Lives for gear
 
kgdrum_nyc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I have Komplete8 Ultimate and it's great,if your buying Komplete 8 and not upgrading it's a decent deal but as Komplete 9 is almost here ,I suspect you might be able to get a much better deal on K8 if you wait a bit.
As others have mentioned what is now a pretty good deal might be even a much better deal very soon.
Komplete 9 will bring some new products to the bundle so if you wait a bit there might be some very aggressive sales offered on K8 once K9 is released or is about to be released.
As it is now I don't think the deal is quite as good as it might be in short time.
Am I speculating?
Absolutely but I've had K5,6,7 & now K8U.
I will upgrade to K9U once I find a similar or hopefully an even better upgrade price than I did last year.
I upgraded to K8U from K7 for $399 last year in December.
From my understanding and what I've been told from a reliable source at NI,besides some of the upgrades to the mainstays(a few that are more than ready for new version updates,)that will come with K9 & K9U there will also be the new Softube/NI Premium Tube Series,a new Horn/Horn Section VI and I'm sure a few other goodie add-ons,what they'll include with either the K9 & K9U bundles.
Session Strings which they're throwing in now is OK but IMO Session String Pro is much better,Razor is great but honestly I've never used the
Mouth.
You might be able to find a better deal on K8U now or in a couple of weeks if you find go with a retailer that still has stock and is desperate to sell 8 or 8U
K8U which includes SS Pro ,Razor,Mouth and much much more......
I suspect once this gets in the market,some vendor or even NI will blow out whatever they have left much cheaper than it is now and then you can get on the upgrade path later.
Myself if i was just getting on the Komplete train,I'd wait a bit,happy hunting.
;-)
Old 24th September 2012
  #6
Lives for gear
 
valis's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I wouldn't get K8U, I'd get K8 at discount and wait to upgrade to K9U when there's Christmas offers or so, assuming K9 does come out soon. Some years I've updated right on release (especially the last 2 releases now that their install issues seem to be better) while others I've waited several months. Aside from some Kontakt issues with Logic until the 64bit version, waiting a few months hasn't killed my productivity in the past.
Old 24th September 2012
  #7
Lives for gear
 
kgdrum_nyc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I agree with Valis I'd buy K8 & then upgrade to K9U later but I do think you can find a better deal than what NI is offering now if you wait a bit and or find a store that's stuck with Komplete 8 and will discount it further.
Old 4th October 2012
  #8
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
They are gonna release new controller in November ,

Looks like there is no K9 until 2013 :(
Old 4th October 2012
  #9
Gear Addict
 
🎧 15 years
You and me both, my friend.

:-(
Old 4th October 2012
  #10
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Now actually fells really bad for not grabbing the extra 3 products last month
Old 4th October 2012 | Show parent
  #11
Gear Maniac
 
VastArray's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
/edit
sorry, nevermind
Old 5th October 2012 | Show parent
  #12
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoLazy ➡️
They are gonna release new controller in November ,

Looks like there is no K9 until 2013 :(
What is your source for this information?
Old 5th October 2012
  #13
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
seriously, i'm waiting for this also. kind of stuck in between. wanted to get 8u but was advised to wait for 9 since i don't think it's a free upgrade. i'm not familiar with NI stuff so any help would be appreciated.
Old 5th October 2012
  #14
Gear Maniac
 
VastArray's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Of course, nobody knows what they will do.

There is a listing of release dates from past NI products somewhere, maybe wikipedia. It suggests that they tend to release every year around september. Sometimes they skip a year. My TOTAL GUESS is that they focused on the Mashine release this year, and will offer a series of updated individual software products over the next 8 months, milk that, then bundle it all for Komplete 9 next September.

When is a good time to buy? When you can, or need to, I guess. I just hope they consider that "800 gb of content" isn't so much a selling point as it is a turn off with the shift to SSD's taking hold.
Old 5th October 2012
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Paul in SoCal's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
It looks like K9 is going to become the new Logic X here...
Old 7th October 2012
  #16
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Hi, im new here but i wanted to ask if anybody knows how to set this to an ending:
I´ve bought a NI bundle with Maschine and Komplete 8 in may this year. I have never experienced such a bad customer service in my whole life. I got the bundle, the Maschine was pretty much ok, but the hard drive for Komplete was broken. The USB connectin was flying around loose in the case, so i sent it back to Gigasonic Sales/Ampaq/California (Leave your hand off them, they will take your money and not care at all to give you sh**t back). I´ve been waiting over 4 months now. I called in and wrote them so many times without any solution at all. I contacted NI and they didn´t even answer me after too many mails. The result is: i´m still sitting on my fu**ed up hard drive, they got my money and this is it.
Old 7th October 2012 | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 
NoVi's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by inDgo ➡️
Hi, im new here but i wanted to ask if anybody knows how to set this to an ending:
I´ve bought a NI bundle with Maschine and Komplete 8 in may this year. I have never experienced such a bad customer service in my whole life. I got the bundle, the Maschine was pretty much ok, but the hard drive for Komplete was broken. The USB connectin was flying around loose in the case, so i sent it back to Gigasonic Sales/Ampaq/California (Leave your hand off them, they will take your money and not care at all to give you sh**t back). I´ve been waiting over 4 months now. I called in and wrote them so many times without any solution at all. I contacted NI and they didn´t even answer me after too many mails. The result is: i´m still sitting on my fu**ed up hard drive, they got my money and this is it.
I ordered K8 in August last year (directly from NI) and it took them a few months to get me a good drive. That happened back then to a lot of people (bad drives being sent). Looks like you were pretty much screwed up by that Gigasonic firm, they must have known months before about these bad drives. I had direct contact with NI in Germany when I wanted to replace my drive, maybe you could do that too.
Old 7th October 2012
  #18
Lives for gear
 
NoVi's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I liked to buy the Premium Tube series. But I'm gonna wait at least till the Holiday season. That's always the best time to buy plug-ins price wise.
Old 7th October 2012
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Bullseye's Avatar
What has been the NI history for Holiday Season offerings with respect to Kontakt if anyone knows?
Old 7th October 2012
  #20
Lives for gear
 
kgdrum_nyc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVi ➡️
I liked to buy the Premium Tube series. But I'm gonna wait at least till the Holiday season. That's always the best time to buy plug-ins price wise.
fwiw I've been told Premium Tube Series will be in K9 or K9U,not sure which but I suspect K9U.
Old 7th October 2012 | Show parent
  #21
Lives for gear
 
NoVi's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc ➡️
fwiw I've been told Premium Tube Series will be in K9 or K9U,not sure which but I suspect K9U.
Ah ok, not really sure what else would be interesting to be included in K9U and what's not in K8U, guess we will see.
Old 7th October 2012
  #22
Lives for gear
 
kgdrum_nyc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
As I've been told a new Horn/HornSection VI that the person I spoke to at NI is really excited
about,he said it's pretty amazing!
There's also rumors about the new Giant Piano but I've no idea if it's actually going to be included.
Many users also suspect updates,hopefully for Battery,Massive & possibly Reaktor but who knows lol.
I'm sure NI will have some unexpected goodies and surprises for K9,time will tell............

;-)
Old 7th October 2012 | Show parent
  #23
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by inDgo ➡️
I contacted NI and they didn´t even answer me after too many mails. The result is: i´m still sitting on my fu**ed up hard drive, they got my money and this is it.
The way to conduct initial business with NI is NOT email. Their technical support email is nothing short of a joke.

You didn't say if you live in the USA but if you do simply call them.
323-467-2693. The phone wait can be seconds or close to an hour..you never know.

Hard to imagine paying all that money so long ago and not having access to Komplete8.

As far as NI and Black Friday, they always seem to mix it up a bit. You never know what will be on sale. But usually whatever they offer, it's an excellent deal often clogging server lines prompting more complaints. Often the Black Friday sale only lasts a few days. But the cool thing about NI is...at least in my experience...if you communicate your legitimate concerns they will attempt to make it right for you. The key is contacting them, and in my experience email is NOT the way to do it.
Old 7th October 2012
  #24
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
They changed the box , looks like K9 is far away .

Do you think they have changed the hard drive in the new box edition ? Heard a lot of complaints about the HD .
Old 7th October 2012 | Show parent
  #25
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc ➡️
As I've been told a new Horn/HornSection VI that the person I spoke to at NI is really excited
about,he said it's pretty amazing!
There's also rumors about the new Giant Piano but I've no idea if it's actually going to be included.
Many users also suspect updates,hopefully for Battery,Massive & possibly Reaktor but who knows lol.
I'm sure NI will have some unexpected goodies and surprises for K9,time will tell............

;-)
I have waited to October and missed the +3synths deal . Do you think it's still worth waiting for November or for Christmas or K9 is far away ?
Old 7th October 2012
  #26
Lives for gear
 
kgdrum_nyc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud ➡️
The way to conduct initial business with NI is NOT email. Their technical support email is nothing short of a joke.

You didn't say if you live in the USA but if you do simply call them.
323-467-2693. The phone wait can be seconds or close to an hour..you never know.

Hard to imagine paying all that money so long ago and not having access to Komplete8.

As far as NI and Black Friday, they always seem to mix it up a bit. You never know what will be on sale. But usually whatever they offer, it's an excellent deal often clogging server lines prompting more complaints. Often the Black Friday sale only lasts a few days. But the cool thing about NI is...at least in my experience...if you communicate your legitimate concerns they will attempt to make it right for you. The key is contacting them, and in my experience email is NOT the way to do it.
+1

NI phone support for me has always been very good,I'd call them ASAP.
For some weird reason most people who ever complain about NI's tech support as being non-responsive always try via the Internet or email.
In my experience NI's tech support is 1st class and about the best I've dealt with but I always contact them via the phone.
I don't know why but it does seem like NI had a bad batch of K8U hd's,the hd i got was perfect,so I don't know what the issues were,qc or shipping damage.
Either way I'd call them either in the USA or Germany ASAP,good luck.
Old 7th October 2012
  #27
Lives for gear
 
kgdrum_nyc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoLazy ➡️
I have waited to October and missed the +3synths deal . Do you think it's still worth waiting for November or for Christmas or K9 is far away ?
If I was in your position I'd try to go directly to a store that's stuck with K8 & see if you can find K8 as a clearance sale item.
They might cut a serious deal to dump dead stock,then you can get in on the K9 upgrade path later.
Example: last December I upgraded from K7 to K8U and found a retailer to sell me the upgrade to K8U for $399 which to me was a good deal.
I think you'll save more this way rather than buy 9 as a new Komplete customer,look for a store that's desperate to unload K8,then upgrade to K9 or K9U later when they discount the upgrade.
Also they were throwing in Session Strings with the 3 + libraries not SS Pro,to me SS regular is not nearly as good,so I wouldn't be upset about missing that one much.
I do love West Africa but its not for everyone,what was the 3rd library?
Old 8th October 2012 | Show parent
  #28
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc ➡️
If I was in your position I'd try to go directly to a store that's stuck with K8 & see if you can find K8 as a clearance sale item.
They might cut a serious deal to dump dead stock,then you can get in on the K9 upgrade path later.
Example: last December I upgraded from K7 to K8U and found a retailer to sell me the upgrade to K8U for $399 which to me was a good deal.
I think you'll save more this way rather than buy 9 as a new Komplete customer,look for a store that's desperate to unload K8,then upgrade to K9 or K9U later when they discount the upgrade.
Interesting you mention this. This past summer when NI offered a GREAT deal to upgrade from K7 to K8 I went to Guitar Center, explained to them the offer, and showed them the on-line offer. They just shook their heads explaining how they would would take a loss if they matched NI's sale. Okay, that's understandable but....coming from the chain that always boasts about matching and beating the competitions price....

I sent GC an email to corporate explaining this and asking them if they felt many customers would go to GC and pay the full upgrade price when they could upgrade for just a fraction of the full price going through NI.

GC replied immediately and said they would match the NI price. This is just another example of horrible inconsistencies with GC and the fact that it really depends on who you talk to.
Old 8th October 2012
  #29
Lives for gear
 
kgdrum_nyc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud ➡️
Interesting you mention this. This past summer when NI offered a GREAT deal to upgrade from K7 to K8 I went to Guitar Center, explained to them the offer, and showed them the on-line offer. They just shook their heads explaining how they would would take a loss if they matched NI's sale. Okay, that's understandable but....coming from the chain that always boasts about matching and beating the competitions price....

I sent GC an email to corporate explaining this and asking them if they felt many customers would go to GC and pay the full upgrade price when they could upgrade for just a fraction of the full price going through NI.

GC replied immediately and said they would match the NI price. This is just another example of horrible inconsistencies with GC and the fact that it really depends on who you talk to.
You want to know what makes this even funnier? lol
I got my deal of a discount on the K8U upgrade for $399 last December,from a sales manager @ Guitar Center!
I always get about 20% off on anything I buy from them,of course ymmv and it depends on who you're dealing with.GC discounts are discretionary but I usually have good luck with them.
They offered me the Maschine Mk1 last month new for $300,which was well below the NI sales price but I held off to get the new one & I was told then they'll discount it as soon as it becomes available.
So it might depend on the local market you're in or the managers policies at you're local store or the way you're approaching them but I always get good deals.
Recently they sold me a Softube plug that they discounted 15% below AudioDeluxe's member price,maybe it's the way I approach them(always nice,honest and courteous) maybe I'm getting sexy in my old age! lol
But in my experience I usually get great deals from local dealers.
A little over 2 years ago 1 of my favorite deals of recent memory from another local dealer who I will not name(as I promised) sold me the Great River 1NV Preamp new for $850,no tax & free shipping!
It was summertime,business was slow, I needed a good deal on a good Preamp and the dealer needed cash,so we made a deal.

I'd check another GC it seems like the one you're dealing with are morons.
;-)
Old 8th October 2012 | Show parent
  #30
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc ➡️
If I was in your position I'd try to go directly to a store that's stuck with K8 & see if you can find K8 as a clearance sale item.
They might cut a serious deal to dump dead stock,then you can get in on the K9 upgrade path later.
Example: last December I upgraded from K7 to K8U and found a retailer to sell me the upgrade to K8U for $399 which to me was a good deal.
I think you'll save more this way rather than buy 9 as a new Komplete customer,look for a store that's desperate to unload K8,then upgrade to K9 or K9U later when they discount the upgrade.
Also they were throwing in Session Strings with the 3 + libraries not SS Pro,to me SS regular is not nearly as good,so I wouldn't be upset about missing that one much.
I do love West Africa but its not for everyone,what was the 3rd library?
It was SS, Razor and The Mouth

We have only 1 NI dealer in our country and I can't see them discounting the price if there is no reason to dumb old stock ( if K9 isn't coming out soon )
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 50 views: 45715
Avatar for Eat
Eat 15th March 2013
replies: 792 views: 176097
Avatar for trevon
trevon 22nd January 2014
replies: 1156 views: 196367
Avatar for Al Yeska
Al Yeska 2nd December 2019
replies: 61 views: 10720
Avatar for Mr Funk
Mr Funk 8th April 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump