Quantcast
New Computer - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Computer
Old 22nd September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
New Computer

Anyone using a Macbook pro 2012? How is performance ? I am going to run PT10, Logic and 002.
Old 22nd September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Not a prob at all..

I run PT HD, Logic & Final Cut.. Much to my fault usually all open in sep windows.. I don't advocate this method but hey I like to jump between projects what can I say!

Jus upgrade your memory (RAM) via a website like crucial.. Costs about £60 to max it out.. You will only struggle if you use alot of plug ins but if that's the case logic & pro tools both have freeze options in them where you can freeze all strip settings on a channel for tracks to save CPU... That's very handy!

I do the same on the iMac but that is 16gb memory..

I only see CPU struggle with high end video editing.. Or too many plug ins! But that's usually when people put the same plug in on every single channel instead of busing items
Old 22nd September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I am using one. Just purchased one a few weeks ago. Should work fine. Haven't installed Pro Tools on it yet... BUT, I did accidentally leave Reason open while using Serato during a DJ gig last night for 4 hrs. No freezes or crashes so I would say performance is good!
📝 Reply