Quantcast
Mountain Lion , logic and Multi Monitors WTF! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mountain Lion , logic and Multi Monitors WTF!
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Mountain Lion , logic and Multi Monitors WTF!

I have been having problems where I goto press stop and it takes 40 seconds to stop logics from playing and try to change plugins setting takes 15 seconds. I noticed it was worse with plugin windows open. someone had a fix that works is to goto the dock icon and click the arrange window from there then it is back to normal. I have 4 monitors. I tried today by accident to have logic only on the main monitor and the problem went away. I have the newest updates for my graphic card.
Does anyone have a fix or know what is causing this. I use the mixing board on one monitor and the piano roll on another. This is driving me crazy.
It seems to suck the **** out of the CPU when going back and forth between monitors and major lag

thanks
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
It's an often discussed bug which most likely will be fixed as soon as Apple releases it's first Logic subrelease after the Mountain Lion launch. various workarounds have been discussed in other threads. Examples: Press stop on an external device (e.g. an assigned MIDI keyboard knob or key, if you have one and the knob/key is assigned to stop), or click on the Logic icon in the dock and select your current project from there, or have another window than the arrange window topped. Personally, it seems I git rid of the problem by removing various third part drivers I didn't need, but this may not work for everybody else.

So - unfortunately - the old rule about waiting at least a couple of months before upgrading to a new OS version still applies (at least if you are dependent on your computer for professional work).
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Disable analyzers on Logic Channel EQ instances when not in view (in other words, enable to check when you bring the eq up, disable it when you click onto another plugin or close the plugin window).

Keep only 1 graphically heavy UI open at a time (if you keep multiple windows open and don't use linked plugin windows). Keep these on the monitor identified as '1' in Monitor setup for best performance (as a general rule, specifics will depend on local configuration).

Lastly the issue is the mismatch between Logic and the ProKit version that's installed. The one that comes with ML is way too new, and even Lion (and possibly SL?) have newer versions than the last Logic update. So the solution is to remove prokit & force install a legacy version (I posted the exact info and version number a week or so ago, I'll have to dig the info out).
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
How do you de install pro kit? And how do you find a older one to install instead. Also what is pro kit?
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…