Quantcast
Just wanted to say, "Thank you." - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Just wanted to say, "Thank you."
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Just wanted to say, "Thank you."

I've just completed my first DAW aimed exclusively at ITB performance and wanted to offer a bit of thanks to everyone who chimed in when I had questions and to others whose threads provided insight I was able to benefit from. Between here and KVR I've found invaluable advice and opportunities to maximize my strict budget; both sites are indispensable resources to be sure. My first DAW build was during a "simpler time" before one could realistically stay ITB for everything so this has been an enlightening experience.

It's taken quit a long time due to budget constraints and upgrading an old mobo that needed more than a bit of troubleshooting to eke out the last bit of performance I could manage but it's been well worth the time and effort. I disconnected the workstations from the internet last night and I think I can finally lock it down by end of week.

One of the most important resources available here and at KVR has been related to testing; everything from plugin aliasing measurement to MIDI latency and sync evaluation via loopback testing to sample level analysis of the results has led to a better understanding of what my workstation is and isn't capable of doing ITB. Certainly not to be discounted is that this level of intense troubleshooting also translates to improved problem solving skills at work.

There were a couple of "just get on with making music" type replies over this period but it's hard to understate the level of confidence going forward that intensive testing provides. Now I feel confident that, within the known limitations of my rig, I actually can "just get on with making music".

Thanks.
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Congratulations!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…