The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves & Plugin Alliance Team Up
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Waves & Plugin Alliance Team Up

Got this email this morning:

Dear Plugin Alliance friends!

As you may know, the Plugin Alliance website was launched in January 2012, and so far we have offered our plugins online & directly to you only. This was necessary to establish our brand-new licensing system which offers a dongle-free activation of up to 3 machines for all of our plugins. You can even activate any standard USB stick if you need to work on many different computers all the time.

After generating tens of thousands demos and licenses we are sure that our system runs smoothly.

WAVES (waves.com) recently offered us use of their established "VSSD System" for international sales through music stores and online dealers, so from now on you will be able to purchase ALL Plugin Alliance products through any dealer who offers the Waves range of products.

We are happy to be teaming up with Waves and so many leading international dealers in order to offer you access to our plugins in any way you prefer. You can buy at your favorite dealer, and receive your Plugin Alliance license online on our website in real-time. This is an automated process, so you can activate licenses 24/7.

By the way, the new WAVES License Center and the Plugin Alliance license system are fully compatible, too, so it is tested and very easy to use both systems together in your studio or on your live consoles.

Best wishes, keep on rockin´ everybody!
Dirk.

Dirk Ulrich
(CEO Plugin Alliance)
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Strong move
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Yep had it too .....real reconise real ...
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
At first I thought about a co-developed plugin.

But that's good that they expand their market.
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
not only i remeber Dirk saying that they inspired there new licence scheme of the one of waves (witch is great) ..
Old 21st September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I'm not convinced. I've only seen and heard bad things about the Waves authorization. I also don't see upgrading until/if they ever code for AAX…
Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjguitar ➡️
I'm not convinced. I've only seen and heard bad things about the Waves authorization. I also don't see upgrading until/if they ever code for AAX…
have you actually tried it personally (sounds like no)?

the waves licensing center is a simple solution to managing your licenses. I don't really see how one could mess it up. but I speak for myself.
Old 21st September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
This was the safest licence management that i used to date , be sure that i would have never invest in Mercury if it sucked ..in fact check the "new waves nls and licence manager" therad , i was one of the first to critisize it until i tried it !!
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Yup, thumbs up on the new Waves License Center.
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No issues here with the license scheme on any system. Happily using various Waves & PA thumb sticks on every system we test.
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm not convinced. I've only seen and heard bad things about the Waves authorization.…
well, I don't know what you've heard, but I was using the last call and response system (maybe 4?) until V8 was released. Shortly after I upgraded to 8, 9 was released. Converted, authorized, working perfectly on two machines since Day One.
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️
well, I don't know what you've heard, but I was using the last call and response system (maybe 4?) until V8 was released. Shortly after I upgraded to 8, 9 was released. Converted, authorized, working perfectly on two machines since Day One.
my experience as well. I've been critical of waves on the past but credit where it's due, waves have listened to their customers and are doing a great job.

They replaced my UAD's now over the last year or so, if UAD had got their sh*t together first that might not have been the case.

MC
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
the new waves license center and the plugin alliance is the way to go. i sold my uad quad, the old pro tools COre and accel cards, got myself a 12core mac and i know i will be happy for years to come. dongles and dsp cards are so 90's
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Yes, I also find the new license system easy to use. Now if only other iLok-dependent software could move to the same system... ;-)
📝 Reply