Quantcast
Does anyone have Q-clone IRs for a massive passive?!? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does anyone have Q-clone IRs for a massive passive?!?
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Does anyone have Q-clone IRs for a massive passive?!?

Hey guys!

Guess what? I can't afford a massive passive. shocking, right?

I'm currently toying around with the idea of getting the uad massive passive (but i'd have to get the uad card too - i will do this someday; i don't need to be convinced, i a'b'ed it myself against waves stuff and was very impressed).

but in the meantime, anybody sample their massive passive in qclone or have some IRs for qclone lying around? I'd be willing to throw a couple shekels your way...also, i sampled some eq curves off the avalon 747 the other month that are pretty damn cool, would be willing to trade.

Hope all is well with ye and thee!

Last edited by crackmandu; 18th September 2012 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: grammatical errors
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
hmmmm

I'm not making any promises, but I use the q-clone with the Massive and am I huge proponent of doing just that. getting responses for this beast is a bit of an undertaking, but consider the ball rolling. I don't normally use q-clone in this way. I prefer getting a setting on outboard and then cloning it to free the gear up for other duties. Adding up settings can build up noises and distortions and not necessarily in a good way.
Old 19th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
does anyone have a manley pultec eqp-1a and q-clone? i would like to request 4 settings captured.
Old 19th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osumosan ➑️
I'm not making any promises, but I use the q-clone with the Massive and am I huge proponent of doing just that. getting responses for this beast is a bit of an undertaking, but consider the ball rolling. I don't normally use q-clone in this way. I prefer getting a setting on outboard and then cloning it to free the gear up for other duties. Adding up settings can build up noises and distortions and not necessarily in a good way.
Hey, thanks!

Yeah if I had any hardware eq whatsoever, i wouldn't be using it in this way either! But the other day, like i said, i sampled other people's eq's at their houses through some rosetta converters, and the stuff is pretty good. not a hundred percent, but good. My 747 high end shelving boosts have pretty much replaced any other plugin i'd use for similar effects. And my ssl hp filters have likewise replaced my itb hp filters. So yeah, it's not a bad use!

Best,

Nick
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Q Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackmandu ➑️
Hey guys!

Guess what? I can't afford a massive passive. shocking, right?

I'm currently toying around with the idea of getting the uad massive passive (but i'd have to get the uad card too - i will do this someday; i don't need to be convinced, i a'b'ed it myself against waves stuff and was very impressed).

but in the meantime, anybody sample their massive passive in qclone or have some IRs for qclone lying around? I'd be willing to throw a couple shekels your way...also, i sampled some eq curves off the avalon 747 the other month that are pretty damn cool, would be willing to trade.

Hope all is well with ye and thee!
http://xtreme-samples.net/ I just received my order from them 2 days ago and I am good to go.
Old 19th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
There you go! Awesome link. Thanks, PP9.
Old 20th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Oh i saw these on ebay the other day. 49 euro....EEEEEEEK! 70 bucks...well it is less then 4 grand for the unit itself.

can you do me a favor and let me know how much mileage you get out of it in the next couple weeks? I'm just curious. I'd love to hear a personalized testimonial before I plop down the moolah, ye know?

thankee!

Last edited by crackmandu; 20th September 2012 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: thought more about the subject
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Just strip off the last part that got stuck on there from the GS smiley code.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Also,

I keep reading in the vestibules of this forum that one of the presets that comes with q clone is, in fact, a massive passive, but i can find no paperwork to confirm or deny this statement from waves or any other source.

Can anybody speak to this subject?
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
None of the presets match the functionality and frequencies of the Massive.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
None of the presets match the functionality and frequencies of the Massive.
do you mean, none of the factory presets? or no preset at all will ever match the massive? if it's the latter, well, yeah, i've heard with my own ears the difference between a q cloned eq and its hardware brother. I'm just kinda bored with my eqs and want a stopgap around while i save up for the uad (cause i ain't gonna be affording the actual unit any time soon, that's for sure).
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Hey all, I realized something that you might want to consider. The bands of the Massive are interdependent so adding them inside the q-clone plug in is NOT the same as setting multiple bands on the gear itself. Here are two screenshots. The first is loading three bands independently in q-clone. The second is setting the Massive at once. The curves are different and there seems to be some distortion at the top.

Interesting. I wonder about the interdependence of other EQ's...
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone have Q-clone IRs for a massive passive?!?-builtup.jpg   Does anyone have Q-clone IRs for a massive passive?!?-atonce.jpg  
Old 21st September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackmandu ➑️
do you mean, none of the factory presets? or no preset at all will ever match the massive? if it's the latter, well, yeah, i've heard with my own ears the difference between a q cloned eq and its hardware brother. I'm just kinda bored with my eqs and want a stopgap around while i save up for the uad (cause i ain't gonna be affording the actual unit any time soon, that's for sure).
I meant the factory presets. I don't own the xtreme sets.

I think the q-clone does a damn good job of capturing what an EQ does and use it with the massive frequently.
Old 13th May 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hi I have some questions to all your presets

Hi I have some questions

Can I use the Manley Massive Passive clone eq presets without a real manley eq hardware or software eq ? or it require that I buy a real Manley Massive Passive hardware or software ?

Do it also sound like a real Manley with tube sound ?
Can I hear a demo unmastered ?

Please answer the question so I can understand it properly

Thanks I wait
Old 13th May 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hey all, I realized something that you might want to consider. The bands of the Massive are interdependent so adding them inside the q-clone plug in is NOT the same as setting multiple bands on the gear itself. Here are two screenshots. The first is loading three bands independently in q-clone. The second is setting the Massive at once. The curves are different and there seems to be some distortion at the top.

Interesting. I wonder about the interdependence of other EQ's...
And have you tried to let each band have its own q-clone instance and let them work in parallel? like having one group for each band.. or in series if that the way the massive passive works..

serial processing is probably no good idea with such convolutuion plugs.. but parallel might work for some settings..
πŸ“ Reply