Quantcast
Ilok2 erratic behaviour not always recognised by macbook pro. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ilok2 erratic behaviour not always recognised by macbook pro.
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Nut

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Ilok2 erratic behaviour not always recognised by macbook pro.

Hi
I have got a new Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz i7 with USB3 ports. THe old fashioned looking one but only a month old.

I am finding that my ilok 2 is not reliably recognised by it but don't know if its the iLok or just having a new macbook pro.

I.e. it always lights up.
But I go to ilok.com
and many times no iloks are found

When I load Logic often my ilok plugins don't work because the computer is not recognising the ilok verifiable by going to ilok.com and seeing if it can find my ilok.

THis is really really getting me down as loading a project in Logic takes forever when I have to cancel EVERY plugin that uses my ilok on a mix with 25 slate VCC's etc thats a real mother*...

Anyone have any similar problems or ideas for a solution????

Thanks
Geoff
Old 18th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have some similar issues.
I can avoid them 9 times out of 10 if I plug the ilok2 before launching Reaper/Ableton/whatever. Whereas if I boot my mac with the ilok2 already plugged in, it might have its led flashing and be unrecognized. Then I let the mac boot, wait 5 minutes or so and plug the ilok2.
I hope it helps !
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Nut

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Guess I need to start restarting my laptop everytime I use it as I am having real trouble after my laptop has been put to sleep.

It really is driving me nuts it can take me half an hour just to get a project up and running. Thats half an hour of my time when I need to be working!

I am seriously unhappy with the ilok2 right now as a form of copyright protection as it is causing me such a huge amount of stress.

Thanks for the reply at least it isn't just me.

Geoff
Old 21st November 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
seems we have the same issue, and are stuck w/ 10.8 which i'm convinced is a part of the issue.

have you found any other solutions?
Old 21st November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My Ilok 2's blue light will blink and then turn off. This has been happening for a month now. Last week I transferred all my licenses to a spare Ilok to be safe. The new one has been fine. Also, I've plugged in the old Ilok here or there to check it and its now lighting up. Who knows. Good luck.
Old 21st November 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
God I hate eLicense and iLok with a passion. Just in-the-way, out of date junk used by paranoid companies...these days I avoid any product with one of these dongles. Hope you get your problem solved.
Old 21st November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've had problems with iLok being recognized in a Windows PC. My problem turned out to be two iLok's connected and that was causing the problem. I had an iLok for Antares and a couple of other products and it worked fine. I bought Pro Tools MP9 and it came with an iLok pre-loaded for Pro Tools. With both iLok's plugged in my original iLok was iffy, and most of the time it wasn't recognized. After some testing I found the two iLok problem and as I don't use Pro Tools very much (Sonar is my production DAW) I only plug in the Pro Tools iLok whenever I'm going to use Pro Tools.
Old 21st November 2012
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
My ilok 1 does this all the time. I have to jiggle it around to get it to work. Quality workmanship from our boys at PACE..
Old 21st November 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i just lucked out as well it appears.

on the same ilok where pro tools 10 hd is, there is trigger by slate digital. it doesnt work anymore. i did everything, reinstall the plugin. restart. tried to open different sessions. no luck. im missing my deadline. yuck. ilok should be tossed to the dumpster where it belongs.
Old 25th November 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
i got a fix by going back to the my ilok. seems some issues are ilok2 only related.
πŸ“ Reply