Quantcast
Pro Tools Issue with 24/48 wavs - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro Tools Issue with 24/48 wavs
Old 17th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Pro Tools Issue with 24/48 wavs

I'm having an issue with the "DAE can't get audio from the drive fast enough..." message; the session is about 75 tracks of 24/48 wavs from an orchestra (if you're wondering why 48kHz?). I'm running an Octo-Core Mac Pro. Haven't even had time to mix this beast, so there are no plug-ins or processors. What stumps me is when I open up another session, twice as big and littered with CPU intensive plugs and processors, and the thing runs like a charm. The only diagnosis I can think of is that PT is choking in an attempt to play all the 24/48 wavs (which would be a little odd). I'm hoping a couple of you gear heads might be able to throw some suggestions over besides the obvious. I've tried changing buffer size, the amount of cores I'm using (I have 8), restarting the station, no avail.

Thanks guys,
Jeff
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…