Quantcast
Best Mellotron library? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Mellotron library?
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Best Mellotron library?

Whch one takes the #1 position on your list when it comes to VI samples of an good old analog sampler Mellotron? Is G-force Mellotron PRO best in still this category or should I look into big universe of NI Kontakt 3rd party libraries instead?
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
M-Tron Pro is probably the most comprehensive Mellotron around.

That said, I picked up Sampletron at a sale price a couple of months ago and am very happy.

This person apparently has tried both... and says to get both (typical Slut):

https://gearspace.com/board/6514327-post40.html
Old 5th November 2013
Deleted User
I was actually leaning toward Sampletron until I discovered they won't be adding 64 bit. Kind of a deal breaker. MTron Pro it is! Unless anyone has any other suggestions?
Old 5th November 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeMichael ➑️
I was actually leaning toward Sampletron until I discovered they won't be adding 64 bit. Kind of a deal breaker. MTron Pro it is! Unless anyone has any other suggestions?
Sampletank 3 will be 64 bit and will play Sampletron. If it's ever released...
Old 6th November 2013
Deleted User
good to know, thanks!
Old 6th November 2013 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino321 ➑️
Sampletank 3 will be 64 bit and will play Sampletron. If it's ever released...
But IK haven't decided if they are going to charge Sampletron users for the privilege so be aware of that.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistikuffs ➑️
But IK haven't decided if they are going to charge Sampletron users for the privilege so be aware of that.
ST3 will be a paid upgrade for everyone. That's the only way to go 64bit with ST libraries from what the reps have said.

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino321 ➑️
ST3 will be a paid upgrade for everyone. That's the only way to go 64bit with ST libraries from what the reps have said.
Makes me regret buying Miroslav and Sampletron so. Hopefully I can sell them off and buy M-Tron Pro. Thankfully they didn't do this with Ampeg

Last edited by fistikuffs; 6th November 2013 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: Misread
Old 6th November 2013
Manufacturer contact @ GS

🎧 10 years
Check this out too: Mello : a Sound that Shaped the 60's

Graham
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc ➑️
Check this out too: Mello : a Sound that Shaped the 60's

Graham
Wow! $99. It was free a few months ago.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Makes me regret buying Miroslav and Sampletron so. Hopefully I can sell them off and buy M-Tron Pro. Thankfully they didn't do this with Ampeg
Hah, I bought all NI's VIs in the group buy some time ago. Can't use them now but waiting for the update and I thought that there would be a free SampleTank as there is now. At least somebody said so......
Old 6th November 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
For me (and i own pretty all) sampletron is the most complete data base ....

As i'm still 32 , no issue ....also if IK is too late and i have to go 64 bits (planed this year) i will convert sampletron data to knoatkt and make my own library
Old 6th November 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm going to check out M-Tron Pro; I love the sound of a Mellotron. I have the standard Komplete samples, but looking for something with more variety and kick.
Old 6th November 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I really like M-Tron but actually prefer the first and simple version to the more elaborate M-Tron Pro. I may be the only one that does but it's simpler, no wait for preset loading, no internal mixing. Instant vibe.

But be aware that G-Force doesn't have plans to add AAX support! This seems strange but they must have their reasons for not doing so.

Frequently Asked Questions - M-Tron-Pro | GFORCE SOFTWARE

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➑️
For me (and i own pretty all) sampletron is the most complete data base ....

As i'm still 32 , no issue ....also if IK is too late and i have to go 64 bits (planed this year) i will convert sampletron data to knoatkt and make my own library
Never thought of that. Do you think this would be as straight forward as Sampling across the key range or would there be more to it?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Never thought of that. Do you think this would be as straight forward as Sampling across the key range or would there be more to it?
Isnt that what the mellotron in all about to begin with?

Dear god, the paradox!!

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bang ➑️
Isnt that what the mellotron in all about to begin with?

Dear god, the paradox!!
True
Old 7th November 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
basicaly it'sa an automatic process done with a softer need to find it again , afriend uses it a lot ...extreme sampler or some like that ..can't recall the name , but you can share all format with it ...
Old 8th December 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
AAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker ➑️
I really like M-Tron but actually prefer the first and simple version to the more elaborate M-Tron Pro. I may be the only one that does but it's simpler, no wait for preset loading, no internal mixing. Instant vibe.

But be aware that G-Force doesn't have plans to add AAX support! This seems strange but they must have their reasons for not doing so.

Frequently Asked Questions - M-Tron-Pro | GFORCE SOFTWARE
Actually, I spoke to them today - they are planning AAX support but have no timeframe they wish to make public at this point. I inferred from the conversation that the update will be free. At least this means I won't sell my licences, I'll just hold out...
Old 11th November 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wanted to resurrect this thread to ask a pretty straightforward question:

I read that M-Tron Pro limits the key ranges of the instruments to only the original two or three octaves. Is this still true?

I know its not historically accurate, but...

Do either Sampletron or M-Tron allow you to play the mellotron sounds across a regular five octaves?
Old 11th November 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Schiller ➑️
Wanted to resurrect this thread to ask a pretty straightforward question:

I read that M-Tron Pro limits the key ranges of the instruments to only the original two or three octaves. Is this still true?

I know its not historically accurate, but...

Do either Sampletron or M-Tron allow you to play the mellotron sounds across a regular five octaves?
I don't know about Sampletron, but M-Tron Pro has the same range as a real 35-note Mellotron.
Old 12th November 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
UVI Mello?
πŸ“ Reply