Quantcast
Mountain Lion - Feedback Please - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mountain Lion - Feedback Please
Old 15th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Mountain Lion - Feedback Please

So what is the current thinking on ML? I have a new 2012 MBP and it came with Lion. I qualified for the free ML upgrade but want to know if any of you have or are experiencing issues with the upgrade.

I see they've somewhat fixed the issue with battery life.

How about audio performance? Anyone made the switch and seen problems?

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It really depends on your DAW, Audio interface, Midi interface, and plugins. If they all support ML, then you will probably be fine, as you have a newer Mac.

If you want to experiment, simply use Disk Utility and shrink your main partition, and create a new 2nd partition and install ML there.

When you download the ML installer, you don't have to install it over Lion. You can right click the ML installer and "show contents". Inside is a folder that can be used to create an install USB stick or DVD which can be used to do a fresh install, or install over an existing OSX version.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…