Qwert keyboard trigger via MIDI? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Qwert keyboard trigger via MIDI?
Old 15th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Qwert keyboard trigger via MIDI?

hey,
my intention is to map the maschine controller to fxpansion geist, so that i can select the different screen views (pattern, scene, song, pad/layers etc...) with those buttons placed over the lcds...
they are not remappable inside geist but they respond to 1-9 on the qwert keyboard.
so i was wondering if there is a way to convert a midi- or mcu- into a keyboard/cursor(position,click) command.
would be a huge enhancement on the work flow...
Old 16th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
You can definitely get MIDI to trigger keyboard commands, mouse clicks etc. I couldn't tell from your post if you wanted to link a single midi note to move the cursor, click and hit a keyboard command in a string, or just have certain midi notes making certain keyboard commands. Both are possible, but screen position and clicking gets tricky. I can only speak for Mac tho. You would have to custom make this with max/msp. Or find someone to do it for you.
📝 Reply