Quantcast
Logic X vs. Ableton 9 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic X vs. Ableton 9
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Logic X vs. Ableton 9

Obviously don't want to compare the DAWs.
I just wonder what's up with both of them. Which will come out first?
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
You must be bored or an advertisement bot.
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I am bored.
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
We could throw loads of other expected software releases in the ring. First person to correctly predict the release order wins title of "King Of Internet Speculation" for a period of 6 months.

My entry:

Cytomic The Drop
NI Komplete 9
Ableton 9
Bitwig 1.0
Logic X
Relab LX480 Full Version
World War 3
Soundtoys Juice 32 bit
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
I honestly think Komplete 9 is coming out some time next year unless NI happens to drop some completely new stuff with the release of 9 that has yet to come out in some form or another in a previous bundle, as long as it comes out before Detox, I'm good.
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
I feel Ableton Live 9 is not that far away it has been more than 3 years from 8 being released, it would be 4 in january and it seems a good time for a new version.
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I'm looking forward to my matter compiler more than I'm looking forward to my time machine.
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I'm dreading Live 9 because I have no money and also I'll have to rewrite half my site. However of course I'm also gagging for it and will sell my body (for medical research) to get the money to buy it.

Bitwig, well, dunno how that's gonna affect me. Wouldn't mind demoing it I supposed, just so I know what the score is.

My gut feeling is that 9's not years away, but then again it could be another year, I've no idea really.
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I would like to like Ableton, so I hope Version 9 would have something that convinces me.
So far, it's the DAW that has apparently the best affordable and dedicated controllers, but for myself it's lacking something that would scream "take me and no other DAW".

I kinda smell Logic *might* be a sinking ship, that I left with Studio One, but it will be interesting to see if, when and how Logic X will be.

Bitwig... yeah, that's another interesting bit.
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I dont think Logic is dying. Apple are behind it and they will want a pro audio app in their lineup. They will want logic x to line up nicely alongside final cut x. I am expecting some great things in Logic x and theres no way i am jumping ship onto another DAW.

Its like women and cars. Your head gets turned by some other magic and you get tempted. Then you realise that the magic is really happening right under your nose.heh

The grass may not be always greener in the long run!
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Final Cut Pro X is not that much of a disaster as some put it, but it's not ultra convincing either, especially that magnetic timeline ****. I just hope Logic X won't be as automatized...
๐Ÿ“ Reply