Quantcast
Connecting Apogee DA-16x to Lynx AES16??? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Connecting Apogee DA-16x to Lynx AES16???
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Connecting Apogee DA-16x to Lynx AES16???

I need to connect an Apogee DA-16x to a Lynx AES16 card. Lynx no longer makes the required cable (CBL-AES1603). Are there any (cheap) alternatives?

Thanks much.
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
i handmade a cable to convert Yamaha to Tascam pinout ... if you have the pinout you could make one and then just add a female to female Db25 adapter .. this would allow you to buy a standard Lynx cable .. the one that goes from the small Lynx connector for the Card to AES end for the Apogee - that is where you would put the Adapter and the handmade cable ... here is a pic of the cable but i cannot find my adapter ..

cheers

john
Attached Thumbnails
Connecting Apogee DA-16x to Lynx AES16???-tacam-yamaha.jpg  
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 โžก๏ธ
i handmade a cable to convert Yamaha to Tascam pinout ... if you have the pinout you could make one and then just add a female to female Db25 adapter .. this would allow you to buy a standard Lynx cable .. the one that goes from the small Lynx connector for the Card to AES end for the Apogee - that is where you would put the Adapter and the handmade cable ... here is a pic of the cable but i cannot find my adapter ..

cheers

john
I'm useless with the soldering iron but you gave me an idea. I can try to find an adapter from the Lynx 1605 to Yamaha pin-out. Gotta figure out what 1605 has on the converter end - a 25-pin Tascam D-sub or an HD26 (like on the card end).
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
i think that is the cable i own ... from this gearslutz thread

Lynx aurora and patchbay

The Lynx Aurora pinouts are Tascam on the analog side and Yamaha on the digital side

Product Information
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 โžก๏ธ
i think that is the cable i own ... from this gearslutz thread

Lynx aurora and patchbay

The Lynx Aurora pinouts are Tascam on the analog side and Yamaha on the digital side

Product Information
Yes, I spoke with Lynx yesterday. Paul (at Lynx) actually said that even the 1605 cable will work it's just that the channel numbers will be all screwed up. I will call Redco on Monday to see if they can make me an adapter to convert the Yamaha pinout on the D-Sub to the proprietary Apogee pinout. In the meantime will try the 1605 cable and see what happens.
๐Ÿ“ Reply