Quantcast
SPDIF problem. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SPDIF problem.
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
SPDIF problem.

I have a pre amp going into a edirol ua25 via SPDIF. I use cubase as my sequencer and everything picks up fine. I can hear my pre amp, i can change settings,and it routs through to track 1 no problem with a stereo input. The problem comes when I try and throw guitar rig into the inserts on track 1, or the stereo input. It just wont work.

its driving me crazy. I tried to find options in cubase that will allow me to recognize SPDIF but I cant find anything. Ive tried the monitor button. A few suggestions said to change the clock to external, but cubase wont allow me to make that change. It wont give me the option in VST connections (ive tried them all but i assume the input is what id be looking for)

If the track is picking up the signal then why cant it pick up the plugin? I tried other plugins but they wont work either.
Old 14th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Putting an insert on the audio track won't do anything, unless you are monitoring the input to that track (the little brown speaker icon). You'll need to make sure that you switch off any other monitoring of the signal so you hear only the effected sound.
📝 Reply